PDA

View Full Version : strings for dunlop aerogel 200?

brianR2193
08-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey you guys im thinking of buying the dunlop aerogel 200 and need some advice about which strings to buy. I really haven't used anything other than synthetic gut and wonder which type would work well with this racquet. Thanks.

jonolau
08-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi Brian,

When it comes to strings, I would think it's more important to ask which is more suitable for the PLAYER rather than which is more suitable for the racquet.

Strings are more about FEEL, and this varies between each person.

I presume you're going to buy the new racquet strung with strings of your choice, I would suggest that you use the same string as your current racquet for a start then make adjustments from there.

Also, your playing style will dictate which is more suitable for you. If you have a compact and short swing with moderate swing speed, chances are you might require a softer string to help provide you with a little more power. If you have a long fast swing and are able to generate your own power, then you might want a little more control from stiffer strings.

There are also other issues such as comfort, durability and string movement which varies between individuals.

Hope this helps.