PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about Polyfibre Poly-Hightec 1.10

Ripper
08-28-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm ordering a playtest set, but, in the meantime, I'm interested in knowing more opinions of what to expect.

Edit: I decided to try this one before MSV Hex 1.10, because, from the few reviews I've found, it seems to provide much more feel, which is something I like.

Ripper
08-29-2007, 06:45 AM
I'm ordering a playtest set, but, in the meantime, I'm interested in knowing more opinions of what to expect.

Edit: I decided to try this one before MSV Hex 1.10, because, from the few reviews I've found, it seems to provide much more feel, which is something I like.

It's funny how in the US the only polys that seem to exist are the ones made by Luxilon, Signum Pro and Topspin :p

bsandy
08-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Rip'r . . .

I used PolyFibre Hightech in my RDX 300 SMP. I loved the spin and power, compared to ALU and TF Spinfire Maxipower.

I can't find it in a reel, so I'm using Topspin Cyber Power 1.20, now. I can hardly tell the difference. Cyber Power 1.20 might be a bit stiffer, but the spin, power, comfort seem the same.

I cross it with Bab Superfine Play 17, and use 5 powerpads.

I re-string after 8-10 hours, so I like the price, and can't speak on longevity.

. . . Bud

Ripper
08-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Rip'r . . .

I used PolyFibre Hightech in my RDX 300 SMP. I loved the spin and power, compared to ALU and TF Spinfire Maxipower.

I can't find it in a reel, so I'm using Topspin Cyber Power 1.20, now. I can hardly tell the difference. Cyber Power 1.20 might be a bit stiffer, but the spin, power, comfort seem the same.

I cross it with Bab Superfine Play 17, and use 5 powerpads.

I re-string after 8-10 hours, so I like the price, and can't speak on longevity.

. . . Bud

Many thanks!

wxr
08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
polyfibre hightec 1.10 was my favourite setup in tight string patterned rackets. amazing stuff for more spin! the power was enormous, comparable to normal synthetic gut, the thinner versions are even more powerfull than polystar energy. the 1.25 version is comparable to polystar energy in terms of power.

its a string worth a try, definetly if you are using a 18 x 20 racket. in more open string patterned rackets i would go with a thicker gauge., for durabillity.

dont know about the hex, sorry :)

Ripper
08-29-2007, 08:03 PM
polyfibre hightec 1.10 was my favourite setup in tight string patterned rackets. amazing stuff for more spin! the power was enormous, comparable to normal synthetic gut, the thinner versions are even more powerfull than polystar energy. the 1.25 version is comparable to polystar energy in terms of power.

its a string worth a try, definetly if you are using a 18 x 20 racket. in more open string patterned rackets i would go with a thicker gauge., for durabillity.

dont know about the hex, sorry :)

Why "was"? Just curious. Thanks.

wxr
08-30-2007, 05:04 AM
because i switched rackets, from head liquidmetal tour to a wilson nsix-one 95 16 x 18.
Tried polifybre hightec 1.15 in the wilson too, wich was also very nice!!. the string lasted me for about 5 hours. I definetly will play this stirng again in this frame, but than in the 1.20 version, maybe the string movement is less than and the durability beter.

another thing that is good to know for stringing up the polyfibre hightec 1.10, is that you want to string, with clean clamps, so you don't have to clamp it to tight because if you clamp it to tight, and or tension it to quick it is sensitive for breaking during stringing. ofcourse this can be expected for a 1.10 polytype string.
Also, beware of framehits.
This one time, i strung my liquidmetal with the 1.10, and i broke it in 2 hits, the second hit was near the frame.

therefore it's more safe to choose the 1.15 version, this one is a littlebit more solid. On the otherhand the 1.10 version is a dream to hit with in the liquidmetal tour

what racket are you playing?

Ripper
08-30-2007, 09:15 AM
what racket are you playing?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=1705388#poststop :)

LafayetteHitter
09-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I just received an order with various Polyfibre strings. I must say the Hightec 1.10 feels very soft in hand. It doesn't have the feeling of wire at all like some of the older poly strings. I can't wait to string it in my Asian Tour 90 for a hit. I am going to string it with Klip legend in the mains and the Polyfibre in crosses. So far Weisscannon Scorpion has been my favorite poly but Polyfibre may have a new fan.

jivesamba
01-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I strung up one of my Microgel Radical OS racquets with Hightec 1.10 and loved the feel immediately. Sadly... after 10 minutes of play I scraped the racquet on the ground going for a dropper and totally destroyed the headguard grommets. So I put it back in my bag and would up cutting the strings out to replace the headguard. In the 10 minutes that I hit with it I'll say that I was UNpleasantly surprised by the amount of string movement I was experiencing. I can't stand string movement! The string did feel quite soft though.