PDA

View Full Version : Does unstrung poly ever go bad.

bwain
08-28-2007, 07:15 PM
I am thinking of buying a reel, but I never break strings and it will last me 2+ years. Does anyone think it will have any negative effect on the strings?

python
08-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Stored in room temperature in a dark closet, the string should last for years. I'm still using some Topspin Poly Polar I bought 4? years ago when it first became popular on the TW boards. It plays fine.

Ripper
08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Stored in room temperature in a dark closet, the string should last for years. I'm still using some Topspin Poly Polar I bought 4? years ago when it first became popular on the TW boards. It plays fine.

Funny that you say that, because I've been, seriously, thinking about buying several reels of Poly Polar, because it's what I play best with and it's, supposedly, being discontinued.

abenguyen
08-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Funny that you say that, because I've been, seriously, thinking about buying several reels of Poly Polar, because it's what I play best with and it's, supposedly, being discontinued.

buy all of TW's stock of it, lol. that would be hilarious. try cyber power yet? i got 2 sets and i'm gonna full poly one at 56 lbs and hybrid the other set with some forten sweet crosses and some fxp 17 crosses(still trying to figure out tension for those)

Ripper
08-29-2007, 06:41 AM
buy all of TW's stock of it, lol. that would be hilarious. try cyber power yet?

I should be playtesting a full Cyber Power job before the end of this week. In my case, I haven't done this, yet, because I wanted to spend time playtesting MatchPower. Btw, MatchPower is a great string; it provides comfort and crispyness, in the same package, for those who like that kind of string. For me, though, MatchPower just doesn't provide the amount of feel I like. Furthermore, I'm just waiting to playtest Cyber Power, before deciding if I'll be stocking up on Poly Polar or what.

bwain
08-29-2007, 07:26 AM
What string is Cyber Power?

Chauvalito
08-29-2007, 07:27 AM

Topspin(company) Cyber power(string name)

Fedace
08-29-2007, 07:29 AM

Why not go with pro supex, blue gear ? It is better than Pro hurr and Luxilons.

Ripper
08-29-2007, 07:49 AM

The newest poly from Topspin.

Ripper
08-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Why not go with pro supex, blue gear ? It is better than Pro hurr and Luxilons.

Thanks, but, IMO, textured strings have two problems: 1) The texture ALWAYS wears off (on polys, it lasts more, but, still, loses it's sharpness and smoothens out), progressively, making you change your strokes as this happens. 2) When they're fresh and new, the ball sticks to the stringbed in volleys, sometimes, causing UEs... and, as the texture wears off, again, you need to volley differently.

bwain
08-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Topspin(company) Cyber power(string name)

Isn't it called Cyber Flash?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACALPHA-TCF17L.html

Ripper
08-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Isn't it called Cyber Flash?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACALPHA-TCF17L.html

There's Cyber Flash and there's Cyber Power... Cyber Power is newer...

bwain
08-29-2007, 08:28 AM

Not available at TW I presume.

gjoc
08-29-2007, 01:52 PM

...and itís blue (and supposedly softer with better tension maintenance, compared to Cyber Flash).

Not available at TW I presume.

Not yet, it would seem.