PDA

View Full Version : Pro Hurricane Tour & Big Banger Alu Power

yourname1245
08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
whats the diff in the 2 strings. I guess that there polys and most pros use either or depending on sponsership. Also is the bb rough more comparable to the pro hurricase

tennis_nerd22
08-28-2007, 09:38 PM
im also wondering this...

PED
08-29-2007, 04:50 AM
I find the PHT to be more comfortable than alu power and rough. I usually used the rough because I liked the extra spin. The alu to me seems to have more power or pop and in the end I didn't want that. I was looking to swing out more and still land in the lines! I didn't find that I got that much more spin with the PHT but overall I preferred the feel of it more to the alu. I found that I also preferred the 16g PHT as it gave me a firmer string bed and the alu only comes in 16 so no choice involved there. They are both good strings but I've switched over to pro supex because of the cost savings. I still want to try out topspin cyberflash as it's inexpensive and people on the boards seem to really love it. You should try both the Lux and Bab out.

tennis_nerd22
08-29-2007, 07:21 AM
PED, which is better at tension maintenance? thanks

PED
08-29-2007, 07:40 AM
The consensus seems to think the PHT holds tension better,but my alu lasted quite a while and i had NO string movement in it. I like them both but in the end I gravitated towards pht instead of alu because it fit my game better. Plus PHT is a little bit cheaper. I like alu alot but don't think it's worth the premium. It's a great string but at a not so great price. .)

tennis_nerd22
08-29-2007, 07:45 AM
The consensus seems to think the PHT holds tension better,but my alu lasted quite a while and i had NO string movement in it. I like them both but in the end I gravitated towards pht instead of alu because it fit my game better. Plus PHT is a little bit cheaper. I like alu alot but don't think it's worth the premium. It's a great string but at a not so great price. .)

thanks PED. i think then that im going to get some sets of PHT. have you by any chance tried any of the kirschbaum poly's? :) i was looking more at the competition and P2 cuz of price.

PED
08-29-2007, 07:50 AM
I have some pht in my backup aero but my string of choice over the last 4 months is pro supex. There's a big thread on it on these boards called pro supex intial hit and it's got a wealth of info on it. The pro supex strings offer great performance at cheaper prices. I'm very partial to their big ace poly which offers a nice firm feel but not too harsh. I've been using it in a hybrid lately with their syn gut product titan and the cost per set is around 5.50!!! and it hits great.

yourname1245
08-29-2007, 02:23 PM
ped i some cyberflash if you are intrested in trading..
yourname1245@hotmail.com
-sal

PED
08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
yourname, thanks for the offer but i've got nothing to trade at the moment. My last bit of inventory was what's in my racquet right now. :)