PDA

View Full Version : Effect of lower tension on sweet point?

rong_yu
08-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Does lower tension create bigger sweet point or smaller sweet point? Thanks.

tarkowski
08-29-2007, 09:23 AM
bigger.....

iplaybetter
08-29-2007, 09:23 AM
it makes it bigger, also wile pop is increased so is dwell time and spin, making control loss minimal

rong_yu
08-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks. So control will be better with lower tension? I always thought the opposite way.

it makes it bigger, also wile pop is increased so is dwell time and spin, making control loss minimal

Hidious
08-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks. So control will be better with lower tension? I always thought the opposite way.

You should read again what he wrote.

iplaybetter
08-29-2007, 10:28 AM

no it is still lower but it is not as bad as one would expect, but it is a different type of control

AceofBase
08-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Lower string will provide you power and yes its increase the sweet spot bigger which provide you more juice, but yet you will have to learn how to topspin it and as you tighten up the string you get more of a board so you dont have to really topspin its just keep the ball in like a table tennis paddle.

Bottle Rocket
08-29-2007, 10:41 AM
The sweet spot is just what the name implies - a "spot". It has no size, it cannot get bigger and it cannot get smaller.

String tension has no effect on the size of the sweet spot.

What it does have an effect on is ball trajectory, dwell time (slight changes), feel, and foregiveness of the racket.

Forgiveness is what we should be talking about here, not sweet spot size.

LeftyServe
08-29-2007, 10:53 AM
The sweet spot is just what the name implies - a "spot". It has no size, it cannot get bigger and it cannot get smaller.

String tension has no effect on the size of the sweet spot.

What it does have an effect on is ball trajectory, dwell time (slight changes), feel, and foregiveness of the racket.

Forgiveness is what we should be talking about here, not sweet spot size.

Spot on...