PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions quick, like before tomorrow.

Shashwat
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Well i play with a K95 16x18.

It was strung with Kirschbaum Supersmash at 55. Full poly. I broke the strings yesterday and thought i would try out the new Pro Line.

I asked my coach to get the Pro Line II 17g. Now i am thinking about a hybrid because it would probably have more feel. So i am stringing Pro line II on the mains and what do you recommend on the crosses?

Wilson NXT or some nat. gut?
Give me some suggestions please, i need it before tonight because the stringer is going to pick it up tomorrow morning.

Thank you.

bigfoot910
08-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Nat gut is pretty expensive and I really don't feel that there is a significant enough difference in play or feel to go with the extra money.
NXT is a perfectly capable string, but hey it's your money.

Shashwat
08-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah i kinda don't want to pay a lot either. I have a Kirschbaum player package but all they have is basically poly.

Are there any other cheaper strings like the NXT or nat. gut or something like that?

iplaybetter
08-29-2007, 04:52 PM
go for x-1 or nxt tour they are the same but the x-1 cost a little less

Shashwat
08-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Do you think i really need something softer on the crosses?
I'm only 15, never had any arm problems. And i'm fairly strong.

I have used a full poly but just thinking if i should do something softer on the crosses for more feel.

tennis_nerd22
08-29-2007, 05:07 PM
i would stick with the full poly, especially if you have a tournament or something coming up. if you have time to experiment, i would recommend either prince synthetic gut w/ duraflex or gosen og sheep (2 basic, but solid syn guts), to put on the crosses. they're cheap ($4), and you can get a very good idea of how a hybrid with poly mains will feel.

then from there you can decide whether you want to stick with that, or stick with the full poly, or maybe try some expensive multi's like X-1 in the cross for a better feel.

but dont start out with something expensive like X-1 or gut, that would be stupid IMO, unless you have tons of money to spare.

Shashwat
08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Thank you. I guess i'm going to stick with full poly. I have school vs school matches almost all september and october. They will also be durable.

Shashwat
08-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Best thing is that i broke my strings after ripping a winner.

tennis_nerd22
08-29-2007, 05:57 PM
haha nice. i broke strings for the first time on a forehand, unfortunately it wasnt a winner, but i hit a winner on the next shot with the broken stringbed :D

does your school tennis start in september? ours in my city does, but i thought it starts in the spring in the states.

Shashwat
08-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Haha i look at my strings after every point, so i wouldn't have played with broken strings.

We have two season.

First semester - August to October
Its like davis cup. School vs School.

Second semester - January to April (i think, i forgot)
You enter into tournaments individually. (well our coach does)

Atleast thats how it goes in San Antonio, TX.

gerikoh
08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
what the? you broke a poly string? funny, i had my other racquet strung with a poly but it's like 2 months now, and i feel no difference with the string tension. since i go for feel and control, i'd go for a hybrid nat gut in the mains and something tough with the crosses.

tennis_nerd22
08-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Haha i look at my strings after every point, so i wouldn't have played with broken strings.

We have two season.

First semester - August to October
Its like davis cup. School vs School.

Second semester - January to April (i think, i forgot)
You enter into tournaments individually. (well our coach does)

Atleast thats how it goes in San Antonio, TX.

yea i meant i knew the strings were broken but i finished the point anyways :)

yo that season sounds sick, so much better than here. its like a month and a half long and thats is. not to mention half the games get cancelled cuz its freezing or raining or snowing :D

Shashwat
08-29-2007, 07:04 PM
what the? you broke a poly string? funny, i had my other racquet strung with a poly but it's like 2 months now, and i feel no difference with the string tension. since i go for feel and control, i'd go for a hybrid nat gut in the mains and something tough with the crosses.

Haha i have had it for about 3-4 months. Wait another month and start hitting with a ton of spin and power, you will break your strings too.

gerikoh
08-30-2007, 06:05 AM
Haha i have had it for about 3-4 months. Wait another month and start hitting with a ton of spin and power, you will break your strings too.

but i find poly quit unbreakable :confused:

and hit a lot of long and fast shots.. :grin: