PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Clubs...

WBF
08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Are there any good sources for finding tennis clubs and information about them?

I'm looking to get in some singles match experience at the 4.0-5.5 level (I'm guessing 4.0-4.5 is all I will find though), and wasn't sure where else to turn apart from a club that might have some sort of local league...

I'm looking in or around Brighton, NY (next door to Rochester), and have a bit of a limited budget... Is my google-fu failing, or is there really nothing affordable (for anyone recently graduated and/or heading back to grad school)??

Thanks for any help!

PS: Why did my parents have to pick such a damn expensive sport.

dave333
08-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Tennis clubs are viciously expensive lol. they really aren't looking to make a good deal with you, they want $$$$$$

ollinger
08-29-2007, 06:09 PM
You're headed for grad school and still play the sport your parents want you to play?

WBF
08-30-2007, 02:13 AM
No, I play the sport that I enjoy the most.

Oh well.

blitzmage_89
08-30-2007, 05:50 AM
it's funny why tennis is regarded by many as a fancy sport. all it needs is a little land , a fishnet , 2 racquets a ball and your done. The british has done a great job making it look like an elite sport when they were still owning half of the world :D

Geezer Guy
08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
You might try the "Find a Court" option at USTA.com: http://www.ustasearch.com/search.php?distance=25&zip=14653

Tennis Welcome Center also has a database: http://www.tenniswelcomecenter.com/results.cfm

QuietDaze
08-30-2007, 10:00 AM
You don't want to play in a singles league?

WBF
08-30-2007, 12:30 PM
QuietDaze: yeah, something like that was what I was looking for. I've been playing every single day (excluding rain, a few vacations, and a few odd work scheduling issues) at the public courts here and have yet to see anyone who I would even enjoy even hitting with. It's quite sad. I'm guessing the talented players are either in college or playing at clubs?

Luckily, I have my fiancee who's learned quite quickly, but I only recently started teaching her how to serve and to volley, so playing her is fun, but not the experience I need.

WBF
08-31-2007, 02:39 AM
woohoo! An old college teammate is back in the area, much more fun than random people! never miiind.