PDA

View Full Version : Mario Power Tennis

finchy
10-28-2004, 05:13 PM
hi, i was wondering if anyone else was looking forward to this game. its a cartoony kinda kiddy game, but it looks very fun. and if u have played the original, u know that it is way more than a kiddy game.

any thoughts? btw, this is for gamecube only.

Cuzza
11-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Yep, I have the original, and we soon mastered it. Evven my 21 year old brother and a couple of his mates still play it. So, even though it looks cartoony, its the gameplay that counts.

I am certainly looking forward to this for the Cube. Can't wait.

bobby
11-17-2004, 12:38 AM
I am in college and my dorm-mates and I play Mario Tennis for 64 all the time. I must say that we are pretty sick and could probably beat 99.9 % of any potential challengers (we've played it maybe two hours a day for a whole year straight, and I just can't imagine that many other people have put that much time into the game). Anyways, we got the Game Cube game and I think that the verdict is still out on it. We definitely don't play any of the special games or power moves, and the major flaw that we have discovered is that the characters have too good of reaction times at the net. If two players are both at the net, you can just tap A or B as fast as you can and the characters will hit the ball back and forth probably 10 times before one of them misses. This becomes a major problem during doubles matches when all four players get to the net. However, I do appreciate the advance in the technology of the characters' hitting technique in the GC version. In contrast to the 64 version, in the GC version, when the characters hit a volley, they actually chop down on it, the two-handed backhands look realistic, etc.