PDA

View Full Version : Poly in A dense stringbed

Final_Match_Point
08-30-2007, 12:56 PM
I have an ncode nsix one 95 18x20, Recently Ive strung a hybrid Of pro hurricane and wilson synthetic which was pretty good, but lost tension and a full blue gear job which I hated.

Now, Im going to invest in a reel because I seem to break strings more frequently now. Im wondering how a full cyberflash job or an spp job will feel in the stringbed

carac
08-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I have an ncode nsix one 95 18x20, Recently Ive strung a hybrid Of pro hurricane and wilson synthetic which was pretty good, but lost tension and a full blue gear job which I hated.

Now, Im going to invest in a reel because I seem to break strings more frequently now. Im wondering how a full cyberflash job or an spp job will feel in the stringbed

SPP Pure 1.18 is OK in a Prestige ...

circusmouse
08-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I tried a full job of big ace on my nblade (which is 18x20) and found it uncomfortable. It felt boardy, a little harsh, and strangely like plastic. Unfortunately, I only had one set of big ace and never got to hybrid it. Now I play with cyberflash/gosen micro, which is pretty nice. I would like to find something better than gosen micro that's not double the price. I once tried cyberflash with a better synthetic and loved it, but I'm not sure I can justify double the price for it. I would not recommend using full poly.

f2fanatic
08-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Tension has to be low; I string my son's LM radicals at 52M54X with either Polylon sp 17 or SPPP 1.18

gjoc
08-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Tension has to be low; I string my son's LM radicals at 52M54X with either Polylon sp 17 or SPPP 1.18

That was the MP version?

shojun25
08-31-2007, 07:42 PM
instead of cyberflash, try out cyber power (new in TW). its suppose to be softer with the same characteristics as cyberflash.

also, string with a lower tension; your stringbed is going to feel STIFF.