PDA

View Full Version : Tension hold on PHT & PH!!!!

Knight Terrence Kuo III
08-30-2007, 02:43 PM
So in between PH and PHT on a PD cortex.
Which one do you guys recommend for tension hold and spin.

I want it full on 63 but if i put it on that the tension will drop way to quickly.
Should i perhaps string it at 65?

Thanks for the help.

Knight Terrence Kuo III
08-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Help please?

PurePrestige
08-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Not sure, tension is up to you.
But I think that PHT is supposed to hold tension better than PH being that PHT is Tour edition.
Also, PHT is supposed to have a hexagonal profile or some jazz, basically its semi-textured or whatnot to give more spin.
Which is really better might be up to you, but PHT is said to be better by literature, and I like it alright in my prestige.

shojun25
08-31-2007, 03:39 PM
PHT period. I would say that both have around the same tension retention, while PHT has easier access to spin.

I wouldn't suggest stringing your racquet at 65 lbs especially with full poly... for me, that is too stiff. If you are gonna do it with the choice of those two strings, then PHT should do. PH feels like you are hitting with pure plastic strings (well, polys are plastic, but you get what i mean); no feel, no touch, no power, yes spin, yes control, yes aching elbow :p

kirbster123
08-31-2007, 06:30 PM
I love the stuff. I hybrid it with Wilson Super Spin, plays great but I string at 70 pounds on a crank.