PDA

View Full Version : how long does an opened can of balls last?

LanEvo
08-30-2007, 03:44 PM
i have a can of wilson titanium balls and i have used them a few times and i wanna save them to use later, so how long do tennis balls usually last in and opened can?

Alpine
08-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Good question, I'll be keen to see the answer. I too, have a can of opened tennis balls which have been sitting around in my garage for years, however the balls were never used. I remember buying this can of balls, opening it to have a look inside, then for some reason never used any of the balls for years coz I gave up tennis. Now I have taken tennis up again and will now be finally using these balls...but wonder if they're still any good?

horttiger22
09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
well tonight i went out to hit some balls around and there was one can that i had opened about two years ago and they where dead i could easily squeeze them in my hand. They are penn balls if that makes any difference.

volusiano
09-20-2007, 12:20 AM
It depends on how picky you are about playing with flat balls. I think after a week they'll probably start to become noticeably flatter.

Either buy yourself some pressureless balls or buy a Tennis Ball Saver to keep your balls stored under pressure.