PDA

View Full Version : Pro Supex Maxim Touch?

Wilson95
08-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Anyone had any experience with MT?

Noisy Ninja
08-30-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm playing with a hybrid setup of Maxim Touch/Cyberflash in my K90's right now. So far so good; quite pleased with the combination in terms of power, playability, and comfort. I'm substituting Maxim Touch for my usual multi mains (Yonex 850) and it compares favorably with a tad more power and less crisp feel. I'm most interested in how durable the Maxim Touch will fare in my setup (I'm getting only 3-4 hours out of my mainstay Yonex 850/Cyberflash setup). Maxim Touch seems like very good value so far though.

bruiser
08-31-2007, 06:09 AM
I tried Maxim Touch (16) crosses in a hybrid with Big Ace (17) mains. It felt good but, personally, I prefer the all poly setup. Also, I would not use Maxim Touch any more because they snapped inside of a few hours. I felt like the poly mains were not even close to snapping yet.

Fedace
08-31-2007, 06:12 AM
Has anyone tried the Blue gear with natural gut crosses? is this a good idea?

Noisy Ninja
08-31-2007, 06:39 AM
Has anyone tried the Blue gear with natural gut crosses? is this a good idea?

Personally, I wouldn't waste natural gut as a cross string in a gut-poly hybrid; a multi would do as good a job and would cost less in my view. I have used a Wilson natural gut (mains)-Pro Supex Big Ace (cross) hybrid that proved surprisingly durable (14 hours) and offered very good playability, power, and spin.

NebAce1
08-31-2007, 02:28 PM
What multi would you guys compare maxim touch too?

jasonbourne
09-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Anyone had any experience with MT?

I used a full job of MT in my n90 last week. It is a high performance multi. Excellent feel and control. Tension maintained itself well for the 2hrs I used it before it snapped in the mains.