PDA

View Full Version : How to Grade Tennis?

Bodacious DVT
08-30-2007, 06:37 PM
My school doesn't have the best selection of elective classes, so I've chosen to take an independent study in "tennis health and developement." The problem is, I have no idea how to grade myself.

I'm planning on going to my club for private lessons twice a week, hitting on the machine, reading tennis books/articles, doing some lifting, and getting into nutrition, but I still don't know what to present to the teacher for a grade. I've thought of reports for the books, coming up with meal/lifting plans, and shot tests (i.e. hit a kick serve X number of times, #successful / #attempts, track results) but I'm pretty sure I'll need more than that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

goober
08-30-2007, 06:43 PM
You get to grade yourself and make up your own class? What kind of school is that :D

Just give yourself an A.

Bodacious DVT
08-30-2007, 06:47 PM
You get to grade yourself and make up your own class? What kind of school is that :D

Just give yourself an A.

lol i wish it was that easy. i need a teacher to "supervise" and unfortunately the only teacher that would do it is a great tennis player, so i cant just bs the grade:p not to mention that i really want to take this seriously and commit to it.

angharad
08-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Summarize the articles and books you read, for starters. Track your stats from day one, noting when you refine your technique for various shots and the results that refining accomplishes. If you're into physics at all, you could look at things like velocity and angle. For the nutrition aspect of it, track your own nutrition and look at your results compared to your diet.