PDA

View Full Version : Strings for PS85

samprasbackhand
08-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Since I'm like 90% gonna buy a PS85 (I like the K-Tour 90 as well), what strings should I get for it? I usually play with a Pure Drive+ with Prince Syn Gut Duraflex at 59lbs, but figured I might need to switch the strings up a little. I guess I might need something somewhat powerful since the PS will have less of it, so can anyone recommend me a good and well-priced string, maybe a hybrid? I used to play with X-1 Biphase but it quickly added up in my wallet.

goosala
08-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Here are some cheap multifilament strings:
Prince Sweet Perfection
Prince Syn Gut Multifilament
Gamma Revelation
Dunlop Max Comfort
Alpha Gut 2000

All are under 8 bucks.

Bottle Rocket
08-30-2007, 10:24 PM
I've played with a couple of Pro Staff 85's, each for a couple of minutes.

I just strung one for somebody with a hybrid -

Prince Synthetic Gut W/Duraflex on the mains at 54 lbs
Top Spin Cyber Flash 16 on the crosses at 52

I thought it was an odd combination, especially the higher tension on the mains. The reason for the PSGD is because it was to only be a temporary string job until some Babolat VS Touch got delivered, but I don't think this combo is going to get cut out anytime soon.

It is by far the best feeling racket I have ever played with. The feel, touch, and feedback is pretty impressive. It feels just as good as a K90 I owned that had nearly the same combination, only with real natural gut (Babolat VS) and Pro Hurrican Tour on the crosses.

Anyway, try a synthetic gut and a poly hybrid at the above mentioned tension. It is pretty cheap and I think it is definitely worth a try.

superstition
08-31-2007, 06:09 AM
I only suggest 17 gauge Babolat VS gut.

nickb
08-31-2007, 06:14 AM
A good multi or gut feels good in the PS85....id never use poly in it.

Keifers
08-31-2007, 06:21 AM
No offense to goosala, but I would stay away from Dunlop Max Comfort for the PS 85. I've found it a very plastic-y feeling string that offered very little bite on the ball.

The deep pocketing that Gamma Revelation provides might be well worth a try, though.

MTXR
08-31-2007, 01:25 PM
only poly i used in it was Lux Ace. I liked it, i could rip the ball nice and hard. I have a hybrid right now, forgot what it was... but it don't like it as much as Lux Ace.

Strung at 54Mains, 56 crosses.