PDA

View Full Version : Agassi LE Radical string setups?

tennisntn3477
08-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Just got a new LE Radical and wondered what you guys used to replace the Head Tour 16?

cukoo
09-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Bump, I would like to know too.:)

todot62
09-04-2007, 09:18 PM
If you read the reviews, it looks as if most of the playtesters felt that the Head tour 16 it came with was a great choice for the racquet. It's been a while since i've read the reviews but I think most felt a co-poly of some sort was their string of choice for the LE. Seems they felt the LE was powerful enough to handle a full set.

Anyway, congrats! From what I remember of the reviews, you got a heck of a racquet for $99!

Tod

-Kap-
10-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm curious too, having just gotten back into tennis within the last 2 months, and using the Radical LE as my main (ok, only) racquet. This is my first time using poly strings, and the Ultra Tour 16L plays wonderfully with this stick.

I've never had tennis elbow, but poly's certainly not known for being forgiving on your arm, and the Ultra Tour's definitely stiffer than the synthetic gut that I'm used to, so I've been thinking a bit about what to use when it's time to restring. I'm planning on sticking with full poly, and have been considering:

Head Ultra Tour 17
Topspin Cyber Power 17
Pro Supex Big Ace 17
Pro Supex Poly Power Soft 17

Anyone with opinions or experience with these in this frame? I'm trying to go a bit softer on the strings (as an arm-friendly precaution) and don't mind adding a little pop, as long as it's controllable.

By the way, this feels like the best $99 I've ever spent on a racquet! :D