PDA

View Full Version : pronation

princeO32433
08-31-2007, 07:26 PM
on my serve i feel like im pronating my arm too early. i can feel the head hit the ball at a weird angle. Also i recently started using a serve takeback like nadal and roddick with bad results. any suggestions?

NamRanger
08-31-2007, 07:31 PM
on my serve i feel like im pronating my arm too early. i can feel the head hit the ball at a weird angle. Also i recently started using a serve takeback like nadal and roddick with bad results. any suggestions?

It doesn't matter really about the take back. The important parts to your serve are the coiling of your body, knee bend, getting to the trophy position, and then correctly uncoiling everything. Jeff from Hi-TechTennis has excellent and simple to understand serve articles, I suggest you subscribe to the site if you really are serious about improving your serve.

Mahboob Khan
10-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Check your grip. Maybe you are using a grip which is closer to a forehand grip. For the serve, use continental grip (base knuckle of the index finger on bevel 1 or upper part of bevel 1 (looks like a hammer grip).

The purpose of pronation is to line up the strings-bed to hit the ball which means that pronation occurs slightly before contact!

BeHappy
10-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I think you mean bevel 2 perhaps mahboob?

Mahboob Khan
10-10-2007, 08:46 AM
If you call them panels, then panel number 2; if you call them panels and bevels then bevel 1. Bevel 1 is on top-right.