PDA

View Full Version : strung some cyber power up

abenguyen
08-31-2007, 10:50 PM
so i strung some cyber power up on my radical. cyber power mains at 56 lbs with FXP 17 crosses at 60 lbs. here are some pics. didn't really get detail of the string but just what it generally looked like

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r157/abenguyen/DSC01271.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r157/abenguyen/DSC01272.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r157/abenguyen/DSC01274.jpg

i strung it on a klippermate dropweight in less than an hour

diredesire
09-01-2007, 07:54 AM
looks sweet! Go out and hit with it, and report back!

bad_call
09-01-2007, 08:03 AM
yeah - what the dire straights said. :)

shojun25
09-01-2007, 08:06 AM
nice looking strings. can you post how much softer it is than cyberflash? thanks a bunch.

abenguyen
09-01-2007, 03:01 PM
nice looking strings. can you post how much softer it is than cyberflash? thanks a bunch.

havn't tried cyberflash yet but I should be going out in about an hour or so. should be fun. tell you guys how soft it is compared to poly polar, cause that I have tried

julianoz
09-01-2007, 03:03 PM
then stop typing and go!@!!

abenguyen
09-01-2007, 05:58 PM
well i must say. i played way too crappy today to even tell you what it was like. i couldn't hit anything today. it was softer i'd say. lots of spin. but for some reason i think it felt dead. maybe it has a break in period. I may be going tomorrow morning again and I'll comment back again

diredesire
09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
well i must say. i played way too crappy today to even tell you what it was like. i couldn't hit anything today. it was softer i'd say. lots of spin. but for some reason i think it felt dead. maybe it has a break in period. I may be going tomorrow morning again and I'll comment back again

The typical "co-poly" feel to me is a bit muted, whereas the poly polar is more crisp and lively. I like the feedback better from PP. This might just be one of those cases where the latest and greatest isn't for you (which is good, you can stock up on poly polar! :))

Milano
09-02-2007, 09:52 AM
I just got two sets of cyber power. Do you think I should hybrid it or just make it a full job?

abenguyen
09-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I just got two sets of cyber power. Do you think I should hybrid it or just make it a full job?

well do you have two of the same racquet? you can hybrid with one set and do a full job in the other. I have only tried it in a hybrid so can't say much. but i hit this morning and I must say. it was great. my shots were much better and server worked well. I played a friend today that usually beats me in a close score(6-4, 7-5 etc.) but today I beat him 6-2. but it could've also been that he was having a bad day

nickarnold2000
09-02-2007, 06:10 PM
The typical "co-poly" feel to me is a bit muted, whereas the poly polar is more crisp and lively. I like the feedback better from PP. This might just be one of those cases where the latest and greatest isn't for you (which is good, you can stock up on poly polar! :))
So, Cyberflash is a co-poly, Poly Polar is a mono-fil and this new Cyberpower is polyester?

nickarnold2000
09-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Bump. Hi, can anyone help me sort out the different types of polyester strings? Cyberpower is listed simply as polyester - so, what does this mean as compared to the others?

diredesire
09-03-2007, 07:42 AM
So, Cyberflash is a co-poly, Poly Polar is a mono-fil and this new Cyberpower is polyester?

"Polyester" is a term used as a generic name for all monofilament, durable strings based as a "poly." It's technically incorrect to be using it this way, but we refer to "polys" as polyester based strings. Straight Polyester strings are typically "dead" feeling, durable, and lose tension quickly. These are "first gen" polys.

Co-poly strings are mixtures of different materials in order to change the characteristics of the string. Co-polys often are softer, hold tension better, and more powerful/comfortable compared to a "gen 1" poly.

Poly polar is technically a co-poly, but has the characteristics of a gen I poly, except it is powerful and soft. It does lose a bit of tension, however.

Mono-fil strings are a term used for strings that have one solid core and no wraps.

Hope this helps

nickarnold2000
09-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Yes, it's helped a lot. As usual, your posts are informative and to the point. Thanks PS Have you ever pre-stretched poly polar before?

abenguyen
09-03-2007, 04:39 PM
if you are asking me. then no. I've never pre-stretched poly polar and will probably never try. stringing on a dropweight, it takes a few tries to get tension right. so i know that it will stretch itself out when I'm tensioning it

jonolau
09-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Looks nice. I've received a set of Cyber Power and am going to string it up in one of my M-fil 300s to do a comparison.

nickarnold2000
09-03-2007, 08:24 PM
if you are asking me. then no. I've never pre-stretched poly polar and will probably never try. stringing on a dropweight, it takes a few tries to get tension right. so i know that it will stretch itself out when I'm tensioning it
I just thought I'd ask because people often comment on how poly polar loses it's tension more quickly.
So, how's the cyberpower test coming? As diredesire said, it's possible that the newest hyped string is not for every one which is ok because it means we can keep using the cheaper cyberflash.

Jasonzzz
09-03-2007, 08:25 PM
"Polyester" is a term used as a generic name for all monofilament, durable strings based as a "poly." It's technically incorrect to be using it this way, but we refer to "polys" as polyester based strings. Straight Polyester strings are typically "dead" feeling, durable, and lose tension quickly. These are "first gen" polys.

Co-poly strings are mixtures of different materials in order to change the characteristics of the string. Co-polys often are softer, hold tension better, and more powerful/comfortable compared to a "gen 1" poly.

Poly polar is technically a co-poly, but has the characteristics of a gen I poly, except it is powerful and soft. It does lose a bit of tension, however.

Mono-fil strings are a term used for strings that have one solid core and no wraps.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the input... learn something today.... r most poly string co-poly?

poly seem to be the way to go for strings these days. and they are getting softer with each introduction.

abenguyen
09-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I just thought I'd ask because people often comment on how poly polar loses it's tension more quickly.
So, how's the cyberpower test coming? As diredesire said, it's possible that the newest hyped string is not for every one which is ok because it means we can keep using the cheaper cyberflash.

well i guess you could try if you have a machine and bought a reel. I think i have to string poly polar up in my other radical to tell you what the difference is. i can't just tell you comparison based on a cyber power/fxp hybrid and full poly polar. so i may cut out my nylon m's/PSGD x's to try it. the hybrid isn't that great anyways so im willing to cut it out to try poly polar mains 56 lbs/fxp crosses 60 lbs. and I'll post back when i do get to it

John Zheng
09-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Where's NRH? And I think you need to put your digicam in "flower mode" to get focus when up close. Don't know what the official name of that mode it, but it has a little flower on it, for when you need to take close-ups :)

Oh, and what gauge are you using for the cyber power?

diredesire
09-04-2007, 05:56 AM
Where's NRH? And I think you need to put your digicam in "flower mode" to get focus when up close. Don't know what the official name of that mode it, but it has a little flower on it, for when you need to take close-ups :)

It's called macro mode ;)

jonolau
09-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the input... learn something today.... r most poly string co-poly?

poly seem to be the way to go for strings these days. and they are getting softer with each introduction.

Most modern strings are copolys.

However, not all at getting softer. In fact, the reason why each manufacturer introduces a whole range of polyester strings is based on the stiffness requirements of each player. Some like it softer, and some like it stiffer.

The key to modern copolys, as diredesire has put it, is tension maintenance. All strings lose tension, even kevlar. Therefore it's important to note how well it maintains tension after the initial tension loss.

diredesire
09-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Most modern strings are copolys.

However, not all at getting softer. In fact, the reason why each manufacturer introduces a whole range of polyester strings is based on the stiffness requirements of each player. Some like it softer, and some like it stiffer.

The key to modern copolys, as diredesire has put it, is tension maintenance. All strings lose tension, even kevlar. Therefore it's important to note how well it maintains tension after the initial tension loss.

Yes, the vast, vast majority of "poly" strings nowadays are a co-poly of sorts. Polyester in a strict sense isn't used much anymore b/c of tension maintenance and overall playability.

That's a good point, JL. Not all strings are really getting softer! (sort of). Like JL said, manufacturers can play with the characteristics of a string, and give it it's signature "feel." While the trend nowadays seems to be lower powered, softer, muted and with better tension maintenance, this isn't always the case. For instance, Pro Red Code (TF) is a more "traditional" feeling poly (IMO). It is firmer, slightly more harsh, with good spin potential. It has a substantially better tension maintenance than the first gen polys that I've hit with. The raw 1st gen poly feel is still there, but the tension maintenence is much better.

fastdunn
09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
I am very impressed with the tension maintenance of CyberFlash, which I
assume is one of the modern copoly. A little muted feel but shockingly
different from my experiences of poly(Luxilons) 3 years ago in terms of tension maintenance.
So far I feel like it's as good as nylon mono's.

But in my experiences with kevlar, kevlar loses a lot of tension....

abenguyen
09-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm using 17 gauge cyber power with 17 gauge fxp crosses. thanks for the info about the "flower mode". and NRH is in the fort worth area. you can just google it and it'll show you a better map

officerdibble
09-04-2007, 11:24 PM

"Flower mode" is officially called macro.

I'm old enough to remember when you had to buy a separate macro lens for close-up photography, and put that big brown sheet over your head when you exposed the plate ;)

Jasonzzz
09-05-2007, 01:23 AM
I am very impressed with the tension maintenance of CyberFlash, which I
assume is one of the modern copoly. A little muted feel but shockingly
different from my experiences of poly(Luxilons) 3 years ago in terms of tension maintenance.
So far I feel like it's as good as nylon mono's.

But in my experiences with kevlar, kevlar loses a lot of tension....

if you like cyberflash, cyberpower will be much better in that area. i have mine on the racket for around close to 50 hour (i hybrid cyber power main, OG Mirco cross). I start to feel lost of tension around 40 odd hour... only down side of this string so far is its softness... need to really play around with the tension ... hope u guy have fun with it.... oo ya .. the colour is nice..