PDA

View Full Version : Breaking strings

soadquake981
09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello,

I have a Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex Plus, strung with Prince Synthetic Gut 17 gauge strings. I'm not sure of the poundage, but it was midrange for the racquet, so I'm guessing about 58 or 59.

How hard would it be to break the strings on this racquet?

tennis939
09-01-2007, 10:35 AM
it really depends how much spin u put on the ball

i play full western, it probably takes me a week. not hard at all

shojun25
09-01-2007, 10:53 AM
its not how hard you hit the ball, but how much spin you put in it.

an average player breaks a his/her strings in about a month.

Sinner
09-01-2007, 10:57 AM
its not how hard you hit the ball, but how much spin you put in it.

an average player breaks a his/her strings in about a month.

how many hours might that be?

soadquake981
09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
And is it based on one shot where you put an immense amount of spin and power, or is it because of the wear on the strings from playing for a month?

shojun25
09-01-2007, 11:06 AM
how many hours might that be?

I usually break PSGD in around 10 hrs, polys in 15 or so hours

And is it based on one shot where you put an immense amount of spin and power, or is it because of the wear on the strings from playing for a month?

its the second option :p

Gmedlo
09-01-2007, 11:38 AM
It really depends. I can break that string in less than 5 hours (once broke a 16g set in <1 hour :sad: ). But the weirrd thing about that is, although I break most synthestic guts pretty fast, I couldn't break a poly to save my life. In hybrids with poly mains the syngut cross always snaps from wear/notching first.

If you do break those fast, try the Prince Synthetic Gut w/ Duraflex. Even in the same thin gauge, it will have way more durability, and play almost as well.

Valjean
09-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Hello,

I have a Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex Plus, strung with Prince Synthetic Gut 17 gauge strings. I'm not sure of the poundage, but it was midrange for the racquet, so I'm guessing about 58 or 59.

How hard would it be to break the strings on this racquet?
Breakage, schmeakage--Babolat and Gosen, two very prominent string makers, say expect no more than 40-50 hours of usable life from their standard synthetic gut strings. And that's too generous.