PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Grip with Moderate Thickness

Parker62185
03-17-2004, 01:49 PM
I currently use a Head Comfortac replacement grip and Yonex SuperGrap overgrip on a Wilson Prostaff 6.0 95 with 4 3/8 grip. I would like my grip to be just a little bit thicker. Any suggestions on another replacement grip that is a little thicker but not as thick as the Wilson Sponge grips???

Rocky Top
03-18-2004, 05:47 PM
OK, you got me with the other post. Seriously though, you gotta put these things where they belong (other equipment) in order to get posts.

But to answer your question...in my book synthetic replacement grips begin and end with the Gamma Hi-Tech. It is fairly heavy as synthetics go, but also very long-wearing. It is is so solid that you can pull it very tight to get the thickness you want. You can do that with just about any grip, but the poor ones tend to separate from the adhesive strip when you try this.

d wayne
03-20-2004, 04:20 AM
I agree with Rocky Top. The Gamma HiTech grip has a nice firm feel and keeps its shape better than most synthetic replacement grips.
I have tried the Prince & Wilson grips, and they compress too quickly, making the grip feel smaller. The Head Comfortac grip started to fall apart fairly quick. Definitely try the HiTech

veritech
06-27-2007, 01:55 PM
sorry for the bump, but since this was about 3 years ago, does anyone have other preferences, or are the said overgrips still the best fit for this category?