PDA

View Full Version : rules questions

xie_419
09-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Two quick questions.
1. How do you determine which player and on what side they serve after a tiebreaker?
2. If you win a racquet spin, but don't want serve, are you able to force your opponent to serve or do you just get to pick a side and then your opponent decides whether or not they want to serve? If you are able to force your opponent to serve, which player picks the side?

Thanks in advance for any help

JavierLW
09-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Two quick questions.
1. How do you determine which player and on what side they serve after a tiebreaker?
2. If you win a racquet spin, but don't want serve, are you able to force your opponent to serve or do you just get to pick a side and then your opponent decides whether or not they want to serve? If you are able to force your opponent to serve, which player picks the side?

Thanks in advance for any help

1. Whoever served the first point of the tiebreaker, receives first in the next set.

Also wherever you left off at the end of the tiebreaker, you have to switch ends. (because it's 7-6, odd game score)

2. You can choose to receive serve. Then your opponent gets to choose which side he serves on.

I also utilize the 3rd option a lot if you want a particular person to serve on a particular side first (in doubles), or if you want your first service game on a particular side.

That is if I won the toss, I elect to make the other person choose first. (that way no matter what they choose, serve, return, or either side, you can fix it so you or your partner has their first service game on a particular side)

I think in doubles sometimes it matters more what side you have to serve first on, then it matter which team actually serves first. (especially if you have a lefty / righty combo and you dont want to look into the sun, yet you still want your stronger server to serve first)

xie_419
09-02-2007, 10:36 AM
1. Whoever served the first point of the tiebreaker, receives first in the next set.

Also wherever you left off at the end of the tiebreaker, you have to switch ends. (because it's 7-6, odd game score)

2. You can choose to receive serve. Then your opponent gets to choose which side he serves on.

I also utilize the 3rd option a lot if you want a particular person to serve on a particular side first (in doubles), or if you want your first service game on a particular side.

That is if I won the toss, I elect to make the other person choose first. (that way no matter what they choose, serve, return, or either side, you can fix it so you or your partner has their first service game on a particular side)

I think in doubles sometimes it matters more what side you have to serve first on, then it matter which team actually serves first. (especially if you have a lefty / righty combo and you dont want to look into the sun, yet you still want your stronger server to serve first)

Thanks a lot for the quick response!