PDA

View Full Version : scared about getting 360!!

UW_Husky88
09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Man, I'm so scared about buying a 360 right now. The thing I'm worried about is it breaking down. I tried to convince myself that I should get a PS3, but I can't get excited about the games. I really, really want a 360, but how many people have had problems with theirs, especially the newer one that they just released that comes with HD stuff, because I heard that they improved the reliability of it quite a bit with the newer version.

Bodacious DVT
09-02-2007, 07:04 PM
i used to have one and it worked fine. but it drastically took over my life. i wasnt playing tennis, i was gaining weight, i was pale, gosh it was bad.

i decided to quit cold turkey and sold it. never looked back. now im playing tennis all day and loving it.

go for it, but do it at your own risk. its addictive

Big Fed
09-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Dude 360's never break down unless u leave them on fer months at a time like i do. Thats the only way it breaks down. But if u get it from best buy u can get a warrenty if it breaks so u can get a new one for free. 360 is awesome try playin halo 3 on ps3!!!!

Bodacious DVT
09-02-2007, 07:07 PM
my friend has some problem reading disks but you can easily clean the laser

Noveson
09-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Dude now they have 3 year warranties. They are prone to break down, but if you just keep it in a somewhat clean and dry area it will GREATLY reduce the chance of it happening. None of my 5 friends that have one has broken down yet.

Phil
09-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Man, I'm so scared about buying a 360 right now. The thing I'm worried about is it breaking down.
Boy, life is so tough! I really feel for you, having to deal with the weight of the world on your shoulders! You struggle so, but do so in SUCH a heroic and valiant manner! You are a hero and an example to your younger peers...

Our nation's youth: sowing the seeds for future greatness...

StealthGnome
09-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Play tennis.

UW_Husky88
09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Boy, life is so tough! I really feel for you, having to deal with the weight of the world on your shoulders! You struggle so, but do so in SUCH a heroic and valiant manner! You are a hero and an example to your younger peers...

haha don't worry dude. I'm not one of those losers that play halo 24/7. I actually get mostly "A"s in AP classes, not to brag or anything because there are plenty people that do better than me, so hopefully I will be one of the seeds for future greatness (if I'm lucky that is)

Phil
09-02-2007, 11:07 PM
haha don't worry dude. I'm not one of those losers that play halo 24/7.
If you say so...

I actually get mostly "A"s in AP classes, not to brag or anything because there are plenty people that do better than me, so hopefully I will be one of the seeds for future greatness (if I'm lucky that is)
If you say so...we're certainly counting on you. Good luck in your heroic struggles with X-Box.

koopa_troopa
09-02-2007, 11:19 PM
You really really want a 360? A couple of days ago you really really wanted a PS3. Make sure you really really want to buy it.

I wouldn't worry about the whole breaking down thing. Yes, XBox 360 reliability is crap. But they extended the warranty significantly, so if it breaks you can get it fixed.

You "might" get a better answer on a videogame forum. Beware of video game fanboys though.

Mad iX
09-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Never had a problem with mine although I've hardly touched it since I finished GoW. Might have to try Bioshock soon though.

Hot Sauce
09-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I love my 360 even with all the hardships it's given me. It's broken down three times already, but they reimbursed me the check. The 360 games coming out are looking pretty insane, especially with BioShock already out. Like Noveson said, the warranty has been increased to 3 years. If you're worried about the cost of fixing it, don't, but if you just don't want to wait the week or two that it takes to send it in when it breaks down, then that's another story.

Voltron
09-03-2007, 06:49 AM
Heh, they break, they ALL break, but then again, Microsoft fixes all of them for free.

I'm on 360 number 2

My one friend is on 360 number 3

A second friend is on 360 number 2

A third friend is one 360 number 2

I can't think of others, although there are certainly friends I can't think of right now.

UW_Husky88
09-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Never had a problem with mine although I've hardly touched it since I finished GoW. Might have to try Bioshock soon though.

I thought God of War was a PS3 game?

Voltron
09-03-2007, 07:02 AM
I thought God of War was a PS3 game? Gears of War, it get's the abbreviation now, mostly because it's much better than God of War.

Andres
09-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Yeah, those extra 60 spartans really kicked Jerjes' army's sorry ***** !!!

AceofBase
09-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Save your money a use it on tennis instead.

skip1969
09-03-2007, 10:11 AM

yeesh, phil. give the kid a break. everybody needs a hobby.

get the 360 . . . and enjoy!

Phil
09-03-2007, 10:52 AM
yeesh, phil. give the kid a break. everybody needs a hobby.

get the 360 . . . and enjoy!
No...no breaks provided from this quarter...

quest01
09-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Ive had problems with my xbox 360. After about 6 months after i bought the system i experienced the dreaded "three rings of death" on the front of my console. Unfortunately i havent played my 360 in weeks because its being repaired. Hopefully i will get my system back within a few weeks in time for Halo 3.

Kevin T
09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh what a genius we have here:rolleyes: I play videogames constantly, but am also varsity basketball, sectionally ranked in tennis, and heading towards being our valedictorian. Big deal, doesn't mean jack.

I notice you didn't mention anything about scoring chicks? That's the real measure of high school success! :) Old timers like Phil and I know the score.

Noveson
09-03-2007, 01:03 PM
I notice you didn't mention anything about scoring chicks? That's the real measure of high school success! :) Old timers like Phil and I know the score.

Haha you got me before I changed it. I figured Phil was in the wrong not UDub. My girlfriend is a 5'9" blonde that's a 3 sport athlete;)

Kevin T
09-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Haha you got me before I changed it. I figured Phil was in the wrong not UDub. My girlfriend is a 5'9" blonde that's a 3 sport athlete;)

That's great!! Now put down that xbox control go on a hike or something. Phil and I hitchhiked through Central and South America after college, so we lean more towards the Latina persuasion. But hey, oranges and apples, eh?

scorpion2103
09-03-2007, 08:41 PM
well my 360 had worked fine up until a few days ago but i didnt get "3 red lights of death" i just got one

but microsoft has offered to replace it for free

hopefully it comes back in time for halo 3.................but back to something that pertains to you

the later you wait the greater the chance you'll get an xbox with the new chips that are less likely to break

but go for it 360 is well worth it

AlexP
09-03-2007, 09:19 PM
My friend had two peculiar problems with his. First the harddrive didn't hold up so he had to send it in - 90$ for repairs. The second time he purchased a cleaner (that was xbox approved) to get the dust out from the optical/laser reader inside the xbox (a disc with little fiber like things sticking out) and it ended up either scratching or just plain damaging parts on the inside. Sent it in and got a brand new xbox back.