PDA

View Full Version : HiTech tennis

JKN666
09-02-2007, 07:37 PM
hey i was just wondering if any members have a subscription to hitech tennis as im thinking of getting one but knowing my dad its going to take a lot of convincing.

so i would just like to hear your feedbacks before i tackle the task of trying to convince my dad to get me a subscription(i dont have my own a credit card... oh how i wish i did!)

thx

JKN

EricW
09-03-2007, 07:56 AM
It's an amazing site. I've been a member for awhile now and it has taught me so much it's incredible. It's less than a 1 hour private lesson to join for a year and you learn soo much. Get it

mark rodgers
09-03-2007, 09:19 AM
I think hi-techtennis is pretty good. It definitely has its strengths and weaknesses though. I wish it would have a more extensive video library though it's OK for now considering the price. IMO, slow motion videos are priceless.

I got a lot out of the lessons for serve, forehand, and two handed backhand (even though I don't use a two hander). I think the lessons for one-handed backhand and volley are a bit lacking though. There isn't a lesson on service returns. It concentrates mainly on the core strokes. For example, it will teach the forehand but doesn't explain how to hit inside out or outside in. It will explain the regular volley but doesn't go into low volleys, half volleys, etc.

What I really like about it is that it's not too big like other sites. I am able to go through the entire site in short time. I often find myself reading the articles and going through the lessons over and over again. On other sites you have a tendency to get contradictory information because there are many contributing authors. The information that's there on hi-tech is very useful and it can really put to rest any misinformation that you may have gotten in the past. Also it talks about today's strokes and not the ones from yester-year. He backs it up with slow motion video to demonstrate what he's talking about.

Other than the fact that it is a work in progress, overall, I would say that hi-techtennis is worthy of at least one year of membership especially if you're a 4.5 or lower. It can straighten out a lot of misconceptions that tennis players have concerning stroke mechanics. During that year, you can investigate other tennis instructional sites and perhaps join it the next year.

lkdog
09-03-2007, 09:23 AM
It is excellent resource. Well done and worth the money IMO.

I do wish it had some drills or specific info on how to to help ingrain the techniques/concepts it illustrates.

It kind of takes the approach of "just do what they are doing".:grin:

Tennis One may be little better overall and has more varied specific instruction.

Both great.

Bodacious DVT
09-03-2007, 10:05 AM
if you're looking for more analysis, go with HiTech

if you want a huge stroke archive, tennisplayer.net cant be beat.

im a member of tennisplayer.net its a little pricey but you get what you pay for. ive thought of getting a membership at hitech also but im not sure. i do alot of video analysis so i need the stroke archives.

Jonnyf
09-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi-tech is trully awesome, Jeff seriously knows his stuff and his article's are brilliant.

Oxford
09-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I like it but is appears to teach ONLY ONE WAY to do things -- Like a PRO!

That's great if you are 25-year-old. If I served like they taught (hips into court, bend knees and arch back, recoil up into ball) my back would freak. I'd be in bed for three weeks.

ox

waves2ya
09-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Disagree - advice is good for all ages and arguably even more valuable for the older tennis player.

Listen to what he says and you'll learn to employ power through a kinetic chain grounded from your core that will protect your elbow, wrists & shoulder.
Very tough stuff for old dogs but the new tricks (thks to equipment and opp's w/ better groundstrokes in general) are essential.

Well worth the investment, grasshopper (er... grasshopper's dad!)...

Big Fed
09-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Its great if u can learn alot from reading articles and watching vids.

Milano
09-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I subscribed about two weeks ago and it really helped out my technique. My wrist hurts a lot less on both my forehand and backhand. Great site, just wish the one hand backhand instruction was a little better. And maybe a section with overheads and other shots (not sure what its called, but my coach says its a buggy whip? see nadal using it alot, seems like a nice passing shot?). But for the price, I dont think you can beat it...

NamRanger
09-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Excellent site, very easy to understand. I've made huge improvements on my serve because of the site.

doggieboy
09-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Money well spent IMHO.

Vision84
09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
(not sure what its called, but my coach says its a buggy whip? see nadal using it alot, seems like a nice passing shot?).

Do you mean the reverse forehand?

mrcalon
09-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I like Jeff's site because he doesn't dismiss controversial ideas (eg - Wegner).

It is really cheap for 1 year, so it's worth checking out some of his ideas. It's still a work in progress and Jeff's ideas seem to be constantly evolving. Still for the price, it's well worth it to read his perspectives just so you can compare them to your own.