PDA

View Full Version : this girls rips the ball

pushing_wins
09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6saFqYARJs

koopa_troopa
09-02-2007, 10:02 PM
She hits well. I think because it is indoor and the echoes, it makes it seem like she is shooting bullets.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
09-02-2007, 10:16 PM
she hits the ball well because she's a he.

BravoRed691
09-02-2007, 10:23 PM
ok video well this GIRL looks like she's hitting it pretty well ... and she really looks like a she! lol!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItpBL1iP5tI

BR

Swissv2
09-03-2007, 12:28 AM
she hits the ball well because she's a he.
the first video is a girl.

Oxford
09-03-2007, 12:38 AM
it's the acoustics.

It's like micing a snare drum and putting on echo and reverb.

ox

king of swing
09-03-2007, 06:11 AM
ok video well this GIRL looks like she's hitting it pretty well ... and she really looks like a she! lol!

BR

shes freaking good....the only think I see is that she breaks her risks on the volleys but other than that....

Undrayon
09-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Yeah, she does break her wrist a bit but did you see how she moved into her volleys? Amazing footwork. I'm not gonna nit pick about breaking her wrist a tiny bit when the ball comes off her racquet like that.

AceofBase
09-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Damn the second girl is a hitting left handed pretty damn good, wish she was my girlfriend!

pushing_wins
09-03-2007, 09:53 AM
check out her backhand

like henins

BravoRed691
09-03-2007, 10:44 AM
And she's only 16 (at the time of the video)...here she would be like a what...Sophomore or Junior ... wouldn't wanna play her in CIF ... lol

BR

nswelshman
09-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I know the girl in this video. She is from Romania. Her forehand is her best shot. She is lazy player, she dont like long ralleys, prefers to try trick shots to end ralleys than work out points. Her backhand breaks down easily and her serve is without power or direction, many times oversliced. She is tactically easy for opponent to defeat.

User Name
09-03-2007, 11:43 AM
is she using and eastern or western forehand, looks almost eastern, but i cant tell exacty

MacKenzie
09-03-2007, 03:12 PM
You're right. We played in an indoor club in Germany. It had a real loud echo. Sounded great! I thought I'd moved up in my ranking til I got home and hit on hardtrue. ;)

shutupova
09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
she is very good.
i say she is a collegiate player.
shows what modern forehand should be.

Vision84
09-04-2007, 05:18 AM
The second girl is very impressive. Read one of the comments that the video was sped up and this wouldn't surprise me cause she hits it so hard every time. Her volleys in the warming up gave me the impression that she was overhitting them as some of them went long though it started working when she played points.

Plisken
09-04-2007, 10:29 AM

BR

holy.....she has such a smooth forehand and backhand...Sooo who thinks she going to make her collage team o_o

nadalswedgie
09-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I'd say 4.0 at best.

JRProstaf9
09-04-2007, 03:03 PM
I always have to chuckle a bit when I see these college recruiting videos b/c regardless of being a guy or girl its always the same format... hitting a fed ball a million miles an hour and not knowing if its even going in, then putting in some clips of serving and returning w/ points not even lasting 2 strokes.

A lil advice for any juniors looking to play college ball... when making your recruiting video focus on the playing aspects... thats really what coaches want to see. Yes its good to showcase good technique and foot work but that can easily be done by taping your warmup when your hitting a LIVE not fed ball. Also with technology being the way it is now take the time to tape a practice match and then edit together the "highlights". College coaches see more than a handful of tapes a year and really want to see how a recruit "plays" not just hits the ball...

In terms of these two girls... yes they both hit a decent ball but i noticed that the first one hits w/ her weight going backwards instead of going into the ball.
The second one hits a better ball but she seems to be a little heavy/flat footed when she moves... if she can smoothen out her footwork a bit she could be a decent mid-level D-I player.

ubel
09-04-2007, 04:11 PM
I always have to chuckle a bit when I see these college recruiting videos b/c regardless of being a guy or girl its always the same format... hitting a fed ball a million miles an hour and not knowing if its even going in, then putting in some clips of serving and returning w/ points not even lasting 2 strokes.

A lil advice for any juniors looking to play college ball... when making your recruiting video focus on the playing aspects... thats really what coaches want to see. Yes its good to showcase good technique and foot work but that can easily be done by taping your warmup when your hitting a LIVE not fed ball. Also with technology being the way it is now take the time to tape a practice match and then edit together the "highlights". College coaches see more than a handful of tapes a year and really want to see how a recruit "plays" not just hits the ball...
Nice analysis as far as college recruitment videos go, too many people get awe-struck by women who can move a racquet quickly and seemingly make clean contact. Goes to show, it doesn't how well you may practice: in the end, what matters is results. The best way to show that is an uneditted, good length video of ingame play.