PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made a Tennis Resume?

Duzza
09-02-2007, 11:53 PM
If so, how detailed did you make it, and ageing back to when?

rum02
09-03-2007, 12:26 AM
you mean a resume of your tennis achievements? why make one?

Duzza
09-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Yes, that. I have to for this guy I'm meeting. I have to make a tennis resume and an academic resume.

Ali Abdullah
09-03-2007, 12:39 AM
ya me too..but i dont know how to start with it...

Duzza
09-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Well I started by listing the bigger tourneys I've competed in and my Pennant/Junior Pennant grades. I can't really think of too much more. I hope it's not too small :(

Serve n' Volley
01-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Should it be in the same format as a regular job resume?

jmverdugo
01-11-2008, 05:24 AM
If you are still interested i can post an example, anyway, you should include pictures of yourself playing, from what i have seen is a bit less serious than a regular one.

JRProstaf9
01-11-2008, 05:39 AM
USPTA/PTR might have a sample you can see... if not I'll try and repost a copy.

A tennis resume should cover 4 main things: Experience (Teaching/Playing), Related Awards/Achievments/Rankings/Major tournament results, References, and education

LuckyR
01-11-2008, 07:05 AM
If so, how detailed did you make it, and ageing back to when?

Make it like any resume'. First make it slightly less than a page long, with plenty of double spacing (to make it easy to read). If you have more than this amount of stuff you could write into that space, then only write down the most impressive stuff and put a brief line of "additional awards available on request" or somesuch.

CAM178
01-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Make it like any resume'. First make it slightly less than a page long, with plenty of double spacing (to make it easy to read). If you have more than this amount of stuff you could write into that space, then only write down the most impressive stuff and put a brief line of "additional awards available on request" or somesuch.
True as to the one page thing, unless he's accomplished a lot. Then make it however long it needs to be (within reason), as a resume should be the ultimate selling document.

FedererISBetter
01-11-2008, 10:01 AM
I got one is its sorta like this.. and this is for assistant coaching for college tennis:

(name)
(place of residence)
(#)

Current works
1)
2)
3)
Achievements
1)
2)
3)
Background

"Any additional information needed are welcome upon request"-- blah blah blah

I would do bolds on things that are main emphasizes.. stuff like that.

Chauvalito
01-11-2008, 10:06 AM
If so, how detailed did you make it, and aging back to when?

I created tennis resumes for both my younger brothers noting their ranking, physical stats and tournament record.

I'm a grad student, so I am quite adept at doing this, it was actually quite easy.

My youngest brother received a players package from Technifibre, and My other younger brother plays with Vantages, and is part of team vantage.

LuckyR
01-12-2008, 07:25 PM
True as to the one page thing, unless he's accomplished a lot. Then make it however long it needs to be (within reason), as a resume should be the ultimate selling document.

Everyone's experience is different, but I know if I see a > 1 page resume', I am tuning out early in page 2.

Chauvalito
01-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Everyone's experience is different, but I know if I see a > 1 page resume', I am tuning out early in page 2.

My CV is 6 pages long :)

One of my professors CV's is over 30 pages long...and it says "selected works"

I have a long way to go!

Serve n' Volley
01-15-2008, 09:05 AM
I created tennis resumes for both my younger brothers noting their ranking, physical stats and tournament record.

I'm a grad student, so I am quite adept at doing this, it was actually quite easy.

My youngest brother received a players package from Technifibre, and My other younger brother plays with Vantages, and is part of team vantage.

Can you put up an outline please? :)

LuckyR
01-15-2008, 09:49 AM
My CV is 6 pages long :)

One of my professors CV's is over 30 pages long...and it says "selected works"

I have a long way to go!

It is curious, if you have a 30 page CV, then you had better be hired on your reputation, not your CV. If you get hired because of a 30 page CV, something is amiss.

JCferrero7
01-15-2008, 09:57 AM
My dad is a coach so he makes a lot of resumes. You should start whit tournaments you won and big tournaments you competed in. Then write some references. Like your coach.:rolleyes: