PDA

View Full Version : Reason why i play tennis.

Messarger
09-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi all, i've been playing tennis for some 3-4 months now. My learning curve has been smooth sailing as i focus a lot on the basics with my teaching pro.

The reason why i pick this wonderful sport up is because i want to get good at it, and in 2 years time play for my college-to-be. I cant imagine winning a 30 stroke rally with a tweener, and then saying 'C'mon!' Hewitt or Nadal style.

But now everytime i'm ****ed with someone, i always think of beating them on the tennis courts. Is this normal? I dont want beating guys to be the reason why i play tennis (trust me now its not), but what are the chances that it happen?

Have anyone else experience this before?

Tempyst
09-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I have a similar experience like you, but I think of beating them if they beat me consistently. A close friend of mine, who is also my rival, used to consistently beat me all the time. This got me pumped about facing him to beat him. It's good to have a competitive drive, cause it will be a huge factor in how fast you improve.

I'm not sure what you mean by being ****ed with someone. Is that someone a tennis player? Or is it someone from school just screwing with you?

Oxford
09-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi all, i've been playing tennis for some 3-4 months now. My learning curve has been smooth sailing as i focus a lot on the basics with my teaching pro.

The reason why i pick this wonderful sport up is because i want to get good at it, and in 2 years time play for my college-to-be. I cant imagine winning a 30 stroke rally with a tweener, and then saying 'C'mon!' Hewitt or Nadal style.

But now everytime i'm ****ed with someone, i always think of beating them on the tennis courts. Is this normal? I dont want beating guys to be the reason why i play tennis (trust me now its not), but what are the chances that it happen?

Looks like you already got beat here. :confused:

Wonder how ya got banned.

ox

Seifersquall1
10-13-2007, 10:20 PM

Well, your competitive so that's good :D

Taimur
10-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Being Competitive is important...i started playing 2 years ago..and i love this game so much that even on my worst days i am laughing and all smiles on the court, cause a day of tennis is always a great day in my life, whoever the opponent and whatever the score.
That said, i realized that if i don't even give myself a chance to think about victory than how in the world will i ever win a match? So now i teach myself to consider each point one at a time and avoid just handing matches over to the opponent( even if it doesn't bother me the slightest bit).
As odd as it may sound, i think i've only won two sets in the last 100 sets of tennis that i've played...but life's great:)

Messarger
10-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Thanks for reviving this thread. I almost forgot about it about when i was ban due to some stupid comments on my part.

Does anyone have anything else to contribute? I'd love th hear the opinions of teaching pros like Bungalo Bill, tricky, tennis mastery or anyone.

Seifersquall1
10-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks for reviving this thread.
No problem.