PDA

View Full Version : My landlord has finally fixed the faucet!

jmsx521
09-03-2007, 07:44 PM
It was broken, and I couldn't use the cold water in the shower for two months. And now he's fixed it finally.... Knowing how my landlord is about spending money, I should consider that this fixture is going to be there permanent. But the good thing is, it turns easily and works like a charm!
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/894/newfaucetvy0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

AlexP
09-03-2007, 08:13 PM
and you couldn't do that yourself???

noobplayer
09-03-2007, 09:56 PM
couldnt u have gone to home depot or lowes to fix it yourself?

noobplayer
09-03-2007, 09:57 PM
nvm is that (knob) turning piece like stuck on there?

SoBad
09-03-2007, 10:25 PM
That's a touching story and a beautiful photo. What bothers me about the photo though is that the shower/bath switch appears busted as well, yet you make no mention of it in your narrative. Don't you ever like to take a bath?

I can totally relate to your no-cold-water experience though. I once stayed in winter skiing camp for ten days in a suite that had no cold water. So we would fill up the bath with hot water, and bring snow from the balcony and dump it into hot bath to make the temperature suitable. How did you handle the situation over those two months though?

jmsx521
09-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Your story with the snow is funny too. The shower/bath switch doesn't work because I have only shower, and if you force-turn it (the middle one) to bath, it will start spraying water from the faucet itself.

The way I dealt with the hot water is I used to drain it for 10 min till it became a little bit cooler. There are people in the world who die from lack of water, yet I was wasting it for 10 min., but couldn't think of being able to do anything else. The whole 2 months I couldn't think of his clever invention, which I could've done myself had I been smarter.

SoBad
09-04-2007, 10:16 PM
There are people in the world who die from lack of water, yet I was wasting it for 10 min., but couldn't think of being able to do anything else.

That may be true, but I doubt that any of those people live in your building or are otherwise directly affected by your own water usage. Nice work of figuring out a way to take a nice shower under your difficult circumstances. Waiting wasn't an option in my situation, as the water would only get hotter as time passed. But actually the faucets that p*ss me off most are the ones with low pressure. It's like Chinese water torture, literally...:mad: