PDA

View Full Version : nothing seems absorbent enough!!!!!

bieker
09-03-2007, 08:45 PM
i have used a range of absorbent grips they all get soaked and i have to replace them because they stay soaked, also they even slip event hough it says they shouldnt...

YES I HAVE USED TOURNA...! ALOT ALSO! WASTE OF MONEY!

also does anyone know ereh you can get fischer vibasorbs?(not the stupid worm thing but the cirle ones with fischer symbol)

TheShaun
09-04-2007, 07:38 AM
if you don't already, try wearing a wristband to soak up some of the sweat before it gets to your hand.

Nuke
09-04-2007, 07:53 AM
If your hand sweats a lot, then any grip will get wet. Even grips that are supposed to absorb sweat can't make it disappear. Tournagrip gets wet, sure, but it doesn't get slippery, and that's the best you can hope for. And Shaun is right about the wristband, too.

bank5
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Using wristbands, rosin bags, tourna grip, and towels will help.

I use tourna grip and I don't think it gets slippery when wet.

coach
09-04-2007, 08:24 AM
I have seen a few people use a rosin bag that some baseball pitchers use

alcap26
09-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I use Gamma Supreme overgrip and it seems to work better than tourna for me. I also use a double wide wrist band. I don't like rosin. I thought of trying a tacky towel but I have not yet.

JavierLW
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
i have used a range of absorbent grips they all get soaked and i have to replace them because they stay soaked, also they even slip event hough it says they shouldnt...

YES I HAVE USED TOURNA...! ALOT ALSO! WASTE OF MONEY!

also does anyone know ereh you can get fischer vibasorbs?(not the stupid worm thing but the cirle ones with fischer symbol)

You probally have, but did you try Wilson H2O? I used this myself (I sweat a ton), and it usually lasted a set and a half at least.

Otherwise Ive also included the wristband, and I also take a towel with me to towel my hand off between service points. Still isnt perfect but other than wearing a glove (I did that for 6 months this year), it's the best Ive done so far.

Jonnyf
09-04-2007, 02:56 PM
You probally have, but did you try Wilson H2O? I used this myself (I sweat a ton), and it usually lasted a set and a half at least.

Otherwise Ive also included the wristband, and I also take a towel with me to towel my hand off between service points. Still isnt perfect but other than wearing a glove (I did that for 6 months this year), it's the best Ive done so far.

I despised that grip, worst feeling grip I've ever used.

dacrymn
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I'll bet my hands sweat more than yours (which, by the way, seems to be the only part of me that sweats), and I make my overgrips last. Why? I use something else to soak up the sweat BEFORE I touch the grip to my palm. I also avoid contact with it as much as I can when I'm not actually hitting. There you go.

JavierLW
09-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I despised that grip, worst feeling grip I've ever used.

I know that some people do. Although that doesnt mean that there are others that wont like it.

It's totally diffrent than your normal 'tacky' grip, in fact I think if your hand doesnt sweat, it's pretty much unusable.

If your hand does sweat though it works decently. I will admit it doesnt feel as great as Wilson Pro Overgrip or just the replacement grip itself (I use Micro-Dry Comfort) but if you hand sweats a ton you wont be able to use those for too long anyway because they get slippery.

iplaybetter
09-04-2007, 04:50 PM
try getting a thin towel and wrap that
or these maybe
http://www.centralsports.co.uk/shop.php?page=yonexd&product=1850

A.T.S.
09-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Put Anti Persperant on your hands. I use to use this method when I didnt have much stamina. That's not a prblem anymore and my hands barely sweat.