PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Better camera angle of my strokes

boojay
09-03-2007, 09:56 PM
I've received many suggestions that I should film my strokes from behind and this is my first go at it. It's definitely more informative, unfortunately it was getting kind of dark so you guys might have a bit of trouble viewing it. I recommend full screening it as Youtube's white background will only make it more difficult to see.

I'm wearing the red shorts and hat.

CLICKY FOR DA VIDZ (YOUTUBE) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhfLe7aEID4)

noobplayer
09-03-2007, 10:38 PM
bend ur knees, and wat balls are u using? theyre orange?

firstblud
09-03-2007, 10:55 PM
i'm a newb and i wish i had your strokes.... what kinda software did you use to cut out the fluff in your video?

Plisken
09-04-2007, 11:32 AM
bend your knees o_o and move your a feet a bit more but overall i think your better then me XD

TennisFrkJC92
09-04-2007, 12:05 PM
What's your NTRP rating? I'm guessing 4.0-4.5 .

pushing_wins
09-04-2007, 12:15 PM
imho

your backswing (or the lack of backswing) on the forehand is 5.5+ quality.

the alignment, plane, wrist, arm, supination, kinetic link is excellent. so smooth and loose.

i especially love the transition from backswing to forward swing. its only a small movement of the arm and wrist to get into hitting position, but i think it makes or breaks the forehand. i am sure you have never thought about it. it just came natural to you.

can u descibe for me what you do from the top of the loop to the start of the forward swing? do u actively manipulate your wrist?

footwork, backhand, volleys - piece of cake

develop a big forehand and serve, u are guaranteed a d1 scholarship

AngeloDS
09-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Practice with someone who seriously hits and pushes you. This doesn't show much--anyone can hit great shots off of someone who isn't near their level.

Gee Willikers Batman!
09-04-2007, 02:23 PM
D1 Scholarship?

LMFAO.

dacrymn
09-04-2007, 02:26 PM
imho

your backswing (or the lack of backswing) on the forehand is 5.5+ quality.

the alignment, plane, wrist, arm, supination, kinetic link is excellent. so smooth and loose.

i especially love the transition from backswing to forward swing. its only a small movement of the arm and wrist to get into hitting position, but i think it makes or breaks the forehand. i am sure you have never thought about it. it just came natural to you.

can u descibe for me what you do from the top of the loop to the start of the forward swing? do u actively manipulate your wrist?

footwork, backhand, volleys - piece of cake

develop a big forehand and serve, u are guaranteed a d1 scholarship

UMM.......................................... i'm sorry but you simply cannot conclude so much from this video. You MIGHT not even know what you're talking about. Now that's not saying that Boojay is not good (quite the opposite, his strokes are very good), but that's going a little too far.

Good, fluid strokes. You're not forcing anything. Nice.

sharpy
09-04-2007, 02:30 PM
:grin: D1 Scholarship?

LMFAO.

^ enough said....... im guessing in a few years he'll beat federer aswell?

Gee Willikers Batman!
09-04-2007, 02:32 PM
YEAH! No, I think in a couple months he will beat the great one.

jasoncho92
09-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Cant tell much since youre playing with a 2.5

pushing_wins
09-04-2007, 03:32 PM
:grin:

^ enough said....... im guessing in a few years he'll beat federer aswell?

his forehand does look like fed's

pushing_wins
09-04-2007, 03:37 PM
the technique is a lot better than the self rated 5.0+ on this forum

thats not an opinion

its common sense

krz
09-04-2007, 03:48 PM
the technique is a lot better than the self rated 5.0+ on this forum

haha truth

If people are going to bash they should post a video of themselves first.

but its hard to conclude much from this video since you're partner isn't very good at rallying.

CashDudeHomie
09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Pretty backhand

pushing_wins
09-04-2007, 05:55 PM
haha truth

If people are going to bash they should post a video of themselves first.

but its hard to conclude much from this video since you're partner isn't very good at rallying.

i agree.

from the movement, pace of the rally and the selection of practice partner, it leads me to believe that he hasnt been playing for a very long for time. And to have that forehand technique, it show a little talent. JMHO

a lot of players who have been playing for a long time dont have technique and rythm like that.

sharpy
09-04-2007, 06:50 PM
pushing wins, so you think this player is 5.5+? since you said that one of the self rated 5.0 doesnt look like that?

NLBwell
09-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Your strokes are very relaxed and fluid. It is hard to tell a lot because the guy you are hitting with is so weak. The backhand is a bit loose, but possibly because you aren't trying very hard. Move your feet, even in practice (of course I am terrible at that).

krz
09-04-2007, 07:14 PM
pushing wins, so you think this player is 5.5+? since you said that one of the self rated 5.0 doesnt look like that?

Sarcasm on the internet is hard to detect. He's joking about how many people think they are 5.0's but never played in a 5.0 league. When in reality they are probably 3.5's

Solat
09-04-2007, 07:51 PM
you sure snacked on a couple of those balls, that flat FH early and the running backhand pass....

pretty nice to watch

Gee Willikers Batman!
09-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Lol pushing_wins....

I Lol'd at the fact that you said he will/could get a scholarship to a D1 college, not at his forehand, backhand, or any part of his game.

Don't take words from my mouth and turn it until BS saying it's common sense that his forehand is like Fed's (I LOL'd at that too.)

Swissv2
09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
What's your NTRP rating? I'm guessing 4.0-4.5 .
amazing we give the same rating to actual videos of professionals on these boards.

krz
09-04-2007, 09:33 PM
those serves at the end were amazing. 5.5+

koopa_troopa
09-04-2007, 10:11 PM
those serves at the end were amazing. 5.5+

I know, its as if a robot was serving. :p

The_1337
09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
i burst out laughing at the serves, not because they were particularly bad, but because it's probably the weirdest motion ive ever seen.

CashDudeHomie
09-04-2007, 10:30 PM
OMFG my eyes are watering from seeing that other guy serve LMAO sorry dude, but when he does the toss and is bending forward for a second it's hilarious for some reason.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
09-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Very nice strokes...raquet/string/gauge/tension?

krz
09-04-2007, 10:59 PM
looks like a PS6.0

boojay
09-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Heh, I'm really enjoying reading all the comments. What I find most amusing though, is that while I agree my buddy's serve is rather unorthodox (I told him that long ago), most of you who are making fun of his motion probably can't even return it.

Thanks for the comments.