PDA

View Full Version : Who are you?

nikdom
09-04-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm just curious to know the makeup of the motley crew on these boards. I suspect some of you are professionals, some are young amateur players and a lot of us are just fans/recreational players with too much time on their hands and an obsession with the sport (me :D ).

So go ahead and vote on who you really are. No one can see your choice on the poll so your vote remains anonymous in the hopes of honesty and a (close-to) accurate reflection of who comprise this online community.

nikdom
09-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Also let me know if I missed a category..

PimpMyGame
09-04-2007, 08:06 AM
I am Tursunov.

nikdom
09-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Ok, I think we may have to take our results here with a cellar full of salt...

power_play21
09-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Also let me know if I missed a category..

you have young amateur tennis players,

but there are some people out there who are adults and play amateur tennis (from USTA Opens to futures maybe..)

iplaybetter
09-04-2007, 08:11 AM
i think you should have made it an open pole that way we could we who is who

nikdom
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
you have young amateur tennis players,

but there are some people out there who are adults and play amateur tennis (from USTA Opens to futures maybe..)

Ok... sorry, looks like there is no way for me to change the poll now. I think "Recreational Player" is still appropriate since you don't earn a living at it.

For younger players its different since they may represent an entity such as a school or college even though they don't get any money for what they do.

nikdom
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
i think you should have made it an open pole that way we could we who is who

Then this poll would have a lot more fake answers I think..

nikdom
09-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Awwww....we got moved to the back of the class :(

iplaybetter
09-04-2007, 08:46 AM
fake answers yes but i have trouble believing there are two tour proes

WBF
09-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I don't think that's an exhaustive list. I can't figure out which one I am...

nikdom
09-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't think that's an exhaustive list. I can't figure out which one I am...

What would you label yourself, if you had the chance to create the categories I created.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
09-04-2007, 12:13 PM
I think the poll would be nice if it had reflected past status as well, I am a recreational tennis player now and tennis fan life time sure, but played for my university and country amateur status before 10 years ago.

WBF
09-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Play Tennis for a living (ATP/WTA player)
Closely associated with professional game (e.g Stringer, Coach)
Young amateur tennis player (School/Varsity)
Coach or closely involved with amateur game
Recreational player and Tennis fan
Just a Tennis fan

You differentiate playing, and being involved with when you mention professional tennis. Then you only mention association to amateur tennis, or being a young amateur.

I'd say I was a young amateur, as I recently graduated from college, where I played for a D3 team my first two years. I wasn't sure what you meant by "young" though.