PDA

View Full Version : Sling Hopper vs. Hip Hopper

BravoRed691
09-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey guys,
Ever since the Sling Hopper came out a few years ago, i've always wanted to try it out. The reason why i haven't is because i didn't wanna dish out 35-40 bucks for something i think looks hideous! Not very "manly" at all...lol... Another reason is because if i get one for myself, i will prob feel obligated to get one for my co-workers. I have noticed that Oncourt Offcourt has been offering, what seems to me like a, similar product called the Hip Hopper. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with either of these products? The sling hopper looks to me like it would hug to my hips better than the hip hopper. If i can't move without the bag bouncing up and down, and back and forth on my hips, then it kinda defeats the purpose no? The hip hopper's pricing at $10 makes it very inviting but is it a good product?

BR

volusiano
09-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't have a Hip Hopper or a Sling Hopper, but I did try to use a large hip pouch before with my daughter and I didn't like it at all because it was bouncing around too much. I just keep the balls in my left pocket now and it's large enough to hold up to 5 balls. I keep a hopper nearby and just reload my pocket when empty.

BravoRed691
09-05-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't have a Hip Hopper or a Sling Hopper, but I did try to use a large hip pouch before with my daughter and I didn't like it at all because it was bouncing around too much. I just keep the balls in my left pocket now and it's large enough to hold up to 5 balls. I keep a hopper nearby and just reload my pocket when empty.

Yea...i think that's how it has been done since the dawn of time...always looking for a better way though..the sling hopper im pretty sure really does hug to you and allows for pretty good mobility. I want to get the Hip hopper instead and was wondering if it is comparable to the Sling Hopper...

thnx for the response...im getting views but i guess no one has had experience...

BR

volusiano
09-06-2007, 12:17 AM
It looks like the Sling Hopper can hold a lot more balls. It does look like it hugs you better, too.

I found that to keep my pouch out of the way when I play (not just feeding balls), it was better to swing it around behind my back. But then easy access became an issue. So maybe another factor to look at between the two is how easily you can reach in and grab a ball, especially if you have it behind your back.