PDA

View Full Version : Which side do you open your banana?

Lakoste
09-04-2007, 07:16 PM
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4793/bananananana9df.gif
It seems that everyone finds it strange that I open my bananas from side B, anyone else do this?

...or maybe they find it strange that I bite into side B to open it, I hate getting sticky banana crap on my hands:lol:

Voltron
09-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Why is that strange? I know I open it from side B, but I don't go so far as to bite it.

TokyopunK
09-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Is that even possible? You must have superhuman god-like powers to do that.
Even when I open it from Side A, I sometimes crack the whole banana in half and then smoosh it and end up throwing it all in the garbage.

Fearsome Forehand
09-04-2007, 08:50 PM
The Outside.

diegaa
09-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Lak, I knew there were something wrong about you. I've just found out. ;)

Phil
09-04-2007, 09:25 PM
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4793/bananananana9df.gif
It seems that everyone finds it strange that I open my bananas from side B, anyone else do this?

...or maybe they find it strange that I bite into side B to open it, I hate getting sticky banana crap on my hands:lol:
This is the equivalent of entering your own house though a second story window (even though you have a key to the front door). What the hell is wrong with you?

Kabob190
09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
every time i try opening it from side A i just end up twisting the nub around and i get nowhere. but the black part on side B is so easy to rip open.

Hot Sauce
09-04-2007, 10:05 PM
I was raised to open it from side A, but I never could get a good clean opening. I've never tried side B, but thanks for the tip!

phoony
09-05-2007, 02:05 AM
Good question. Side A.

ionutzakis
09-05-2007, 02:15 AM
here's another question, why are bananas shaped like that and are not straight?

Serve em Up
09-05-2007, 04:32 AM
Man,

Opening side B is weird. You should get some help for that.

Dedans Penthouse
09-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Side "A" all the way.

I just pull on that hard knob at the top of my banana and, presto.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
09-05-2007, 06:01 AM
I don't. I hate bananas.

princess bossass
09-05-2007, 11:25 AM
LOLOLOL! Excellent poll.

Although wouldn't you call them "ends"? To me, coming at the banana from the side means an even stranger method of banana comsumption than opening it from end B (which in itself makes you a total freak, BTW). ;)

samprasbackhand
09-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Side A can be difficult as many said, because of the "smooshing" that might happen, but I usually open it from Side A when i'm not at home, but if i am, i just use a knife and slice part A off

LuckyR
09-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Side B is correct. If you don't believe me, ask a gorilla.

ATXtennisaddict
09-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I open from side a.

Jonnyf
09-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Side A-always.

AAAA
09-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Is this a question for women?

Noveson
09-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Monkeys open it from side B. So it would seem smart that we do so also.

xtremerunnerars
09-05-2007, 03:11 PM
HOLY CRAP! We had this exact same discussion at lunch today, I'm not even kidding!

I open from side a all the time.

CanadianChic
09-05-2007, 07:16 PM
[

Wow....just wow L. Nice one Phil. I open mine from side A BTW (I never realized there was a second option) - it's interesting that 3 other posters agree. Doesn't the banana skin leave a gross taste in your mouth? (I would opt for the hands as opposed to mouth).

StealthGnome
09-05-2007, 10:20 PM
My friend tears off side A. Then peals the sides down. He's an angry kid.

Ethan
09-08-2007, 12:55 PM
why is there no side C

Bottle Rocket
09-08-2007, 09:21 PM
This is the equivalent of entering your own house though a second story window (even though you have a key to the front door). What the hell is wrong with you?

I am going to have to vote for this for post of the month.

That is strange.

The_1337
09-08-2007, 10:19 PM
i do side a.

i once saw someone get a knife and make a little cut into side b. :p

Lakoste
09-08-2007, 10:33 PM
What the hell is wrong with you?
I would take me a long time to tell you all the things that are wrong with me:D
Although wouldn't you call them "ends"? To me, coming at the banana from the side means an even stranger method of banana comsumption than opening it from end B (which in itself makes you a total freak, BTW). ;)
We have now established that I'm a freak for thinking the end of a banana is a side, and for opening the banana from the wrong end. Anything else you want to add:lol:
Doesn't the banana skin leave a gross taste in your mouth? (I would opt for the hands as opposed to mouth).

Yes, it does leave a strange taste in my mouth, but after a couple times you get used to it and bite the bullet. I don't like touching the food I'm about to eat. For example, I always throw away little piece of my sandwich since that is where my hands touched it.

Freak=Me

CanadianChic
09-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, it does leave a strange taste in my mouth, but after a couple times you get used to it and bite the bullet. I don't like touching the food I'm about to eat. For example, I always throw away little piece of my sandwich since that is where my hands touched it.

Freak=Me

phamphihung
09-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Yes you're freak alright.. you throw the little piece of your sandwich that your hand touched it ? but you did eat the part that other people hand touched it. :confused:

Gugafan_Redux
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Finally a topic I feel strongly about. I believe that opening at side B is incorrect. Also, the banana should NOT be peeled halfway and eaten, peeling further as it gets eaten. The correct way is to peel the banana fully, discard the peel, also pull off those nasty strings that come out of the grooves of the banana, and also break off the little nub at the B end, where sometimes there is a black spot. Then and only then, eat.

The reason not to peel and eat is because the open sides of the splayed peel will touch your cheeks or chin if it gets too close, and that is disgusting.

rasajadad
09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
You mean you're supposed to open it? Sheesh!

tbini87
09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
side A. never even thought of side B. what are the benefits of side B?

Dedans Penthouse
09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Man I wish I had a video camera with me so that I could put this real cool, 2-question "banana" joke into "pictures." Anyway, I'm going to try to spill it out in words. Advisory: those of Semitic lineage, don't get bent outta shape; it's just a stupid joke already! (anyway, you gonna have to try and picture this in your mind).

1. How does a girl eat a banana?
(picture the joke teller holding a banana in the left hand and daintily peeling the banana with the right hand--only about two inches down--and then taking a small, dainty bite from it).

2. Now: how does a Jewish American Princess eat a banana?
(picture the joke teller pulling the banana peel downward all the way with the right hand....but when peeled and ready-to-eat, suddenly put your right hand (the peeling hand) behind your head and shove your head/mouth downward onto the banana; in a "force-feeding" manner).
:-)
__________________________________________________ _

OK, I trust I didn't offend anyone. And if I did, bleep-'em if they can't take a joke. Now, it's only fair, in the interest of balance, that I offer another one--and this one's not affiliated with any religion, so don't get bent outta shape! (anyway, you're going to need a beer to "tell" this one).

Take a few small casual sips of beer in a fairly rapid sequence; not guzzling, just taking some small "nips" ...... one after another ..... in order for your audience to get used to you 'nipping' at your beer in this manner. The purpose of getting the audience used to your 'nipping' form of drinking will be to "set them up" for this joke. The joke itself consists of asking a question---then taking a swig of beer and "holding it" in your mouth---and then delivering the 'punchline' with the creamy, foamy mouthfull of beer spilling out of your chops. This is a real tasteful number; I call it: taster's choice. :twisted:

Here goes:

Q: What did the Polish woman say when she went to the sperm bank???...

Swig beer and hold in mouth....

Deliver the "mumbled" punchline (as the foamy white beer spills out of your mouth):

"Where do I put this?"

A real party-favorite that's sure to please any crowd.

Back on-topic (sort of): there was this freak in my 1st grade class who used to "brown bag" his lunch to school. His mom would very often pack his favorite: peanut butter and 'smashed' banana sandwiches. Did anyone else try or knew someone who ate these?

Wits-Z
09-10-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't like touching the food I'm about to eat. For example, I always throw away little piece of my sandwich since that is where my hands touched it.

Freak=Me

What's up with that OCD tendency?? Don't you wash your hands? :-D

Wits-Z
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Finally a topic I feel strongly about. I believe that opening at side B is incorrect. Also, the banana should NOT be peeled halfway and eaten, peeling further as it gets eaten. The correct way is to peel the banana fully, discard the peel, also pull off those nasty strings that come out of the grooves of the banana, and also break off the little nub at the B end, where sometimes there is a black spot. Then and only then, eat.

The reason not to peel and eat is because the open sides of the splayed peel will touch your cheeks or chin if it gets too close, and that is disgusting.

sheesh... if you leave the peel as a holder it is quite helpful.. You have to show a little restraint man, and refrain from shoving the whole banana up to the peel into your face! :D

I do agree with that little hard nub at the end "B" -- that thing gets on my nerves.

Lakoste
09-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Q: What did the Polish woman say when she went to the sperm bank???...

Swig beer and hold in mouth....

Deliver the "mumbled" punchline (as the foamy white beer spills out of your mouth):

"Where do I put this?"

A real party-favorite that's sure to please any crowd.

:lol: Thanks, I'm definately going to use that one!
What's up with that OCD tendency?? Don't you wash your hands? :-D

I do wash my hands, I even have a bottle of anti-bacterial in my car at all times. It has nothing to do with my hands being dirty, it is just a habit. Another one is when I'm drinking milk in a glass and I always turn the glass counter clockwise after I take a sip so that the entire glass eventually becomes covered with milk on the insides, if that makes sense. Just some of my many strange habits:)

Bodacious DVT
09-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Both. I used to open it exclusively on side A, but my coach showed me how to use the side B method. Im no longer a pure side A banana open-er, but an awkward combination of both.

M1KE
09-10-2007, 05:23 PM
not sure why, but I always open it from side B, I always thought it was strange to open it from side A, but according to the poll, I"m the strange one

This poll really opened my eyes. good question

lorenza
09-10-2007, 10:08 PM
this is my new fav thread :D i open my bananas from side A, and i actually didn't know that anyone opened their bananas from the other side. it seems really strange to me, but if you guys say it's easier, i should give that tip to my friend. he always has trouble opening his and i have to do it for him. and i mean that in a completely non-sexual way...

Gugafan_Redux
09-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Long live the banana thread! Wouldn't be complete without this.

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Maria-Sharapova-is-Very-Shy-on-the-Tennis-Court-2.jpg

tommywellinggirl
09-11-2007, 08:40 AM
I am going to have to vote for this for post of the month.

That is strange.
Well said, well said:D

SOY78
09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I voted side "B" I must be strange too

Wits-Z
09-12-2007, 06:57 AM
to the people who have reported having trouble opening a banana... please hit the weights (or buy a pocket knife). :-D

SOY78
09-12-2007, 07:04 AM
to the people who have reported having trouble opening a banana... please hit the weights (or buy a pocket knife). :-D

Or use your teeth

mclee025
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
From the poll, Lakoste appears to be an odd duck, but there are good rational reasons to peel the banana the Lakoste way. Read about them in the links below.

http://www.johndilworth.com/blog/post/5

http://www.slate.com/?id=2067407

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=796014

From reading that, it appears Lakoste knows his stuff ... at least in the banana department.