PDA

View Full Version : How to keep the back of your hand dry?

volusiano
09-04-2007, 11:47 PM
During play the palm of my playing hand is dry but the back of my playing hand sweats a lot. Wearing a wrist band doesn't seem to help because it's not the sweat dripping down from the arm but actually sweat coming out of the back of my hand.

It's a pain to have to remember to wipe it off on my shirt constantly. If I forget, the sweat eventually finds its way around to the palm of my hand, wetting my grip.

Does anybody have the same problem? If yes, what do you do to control it (short of having to remember to wipe it off constantly)?

SoBad
09-04-2007, 11:51 PM
I put talcum powder under wristband and it seems to help a lot.

Zets147
09-05-2007, 12:00 AM
blow on it or wipe it on your shirt/towel

SoBad
09-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Yeah true, you can use wristbands and talcum powder, or just "blow on it", your pick.

volusiano
09-05-2007, 06:42 AM
I currently wipe it off on my shirt right now, but sweat would start beading again after a couple of points. Blowing on it wouldn't help because it's pretty heavy sweating, not just slight moisture (we're talking about playing in AZ heat here). And again, this is not the palm of the hand. This is on the back of the hand.

PBODY99
09-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Ivan Lendl made hand drying part of his inter point ritual. A washcloth in your waistband may help.

volusiano
09-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Ivan Lendl made hand drying part of his inter point ritual. A washcloth in your waistband may help.

Thanks for the washcloth idea. I'll probably give it a try.