PDA

View Full Version : Are you a staight forward or variety with your stroke?

AceofBase
09-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Example of staight forward: Keeping the same stroke though out the game doesnt matter about pace or spin, just using one same stroke.

Variety: different stroke

What i mean is that some people i seen playing with used the same stroke though out game and some changes stroke while in game. Im not talking about being dimesonal or about the pro, i just wanted to know how you guy play?

Example of me: i hit variety, left to right for flatter shot or for the win and up to down for topspin to keep my oppenment off balance. Playing in with the Percentage.

Eample of staight forward: One of my friend hit flat always no matter what never topspin and alway flat serve. Ground stroke is alway left to right no matter how low or high the ball is. Same stroke consisteny.

alpha
09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I try to vary it and sometimes it works against me....

lethalfang
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I slice a lot, off both wings.

35ft6
09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
I think I hit with variety. If I could just nail the ball off both sides, I probably would though. I hit with variety because I have to. I'm out of shape and my top spin backhand is unreliable.

rightytopspin79
09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Depends, I try to shorten my backswing. I hit with alot of topspin but for the most part I use the same stroke. right to left.

Verilious
09-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Any good player will use variety. I'm not gonna hit a flat approach shot off of a low ball, am I? No, I'm going to use heavy pace while putting heavy topspin to curve the ball in and get more of an angle for an example. This applies to all of my shots, especially my serve.

jasoncho92
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I definitely hit with a lot of variety lol. I usually hit medium paced shots with topspin but i change depending on situations such as slices, high shots, flat shots, and i also use different strokes

TennsDog
09-14-2007, 12:30 PM
If I am hitting rather well, I prefer to play with variety, changing pace, height, and spin. If I'm having a hard time with consistency, though, I will focus on just hitting solid shots.

Cindysphinx
09-14-2007, 12:50 PM
All variation in my strokes is unintentional.