PDA

View Full Version : Vta

nadalswedgie
09-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Is anyone here a member of Virtual Tennis Academy? Is it worth the financial investment?

wihamilton
09-05-2007, 04:02 PM
www.learntennisonline.com

not sure if it is by the same guys, but it features the same videos. i would check that out first (cuz it's free).

mrcalon
09-05-2007, 06:41 PM
The site posted by Wihamilton isn't VTA.

VTA is a good place to start to learning modern techniques. Just do a month and you'll learn all you need.

I recommend trying all the sites for a month.

They all differ slightly in their teachings, so it's very helpful to see for yourself so you try out what techniques work best for yourself.

I find that some of the info on the paysites don't always work for me, so try a little of everything to find what works best for yourself.
Also if you join one of the sites with tons of video (eg tennisplayer) you can see for yourself what the pro's do, and decide for yourself if the interpretations on some of the sites make sense. You'd be surprised at a lot of the dogma being taught out there ...

I think a month of each site altogether will cost a little over $100. Learning different techniques from different people is 100x more valuable than paying some pro the same amount of money to learn "his way" of playing.

nadalswedgie
09-05-2007, 07:13 PM

not sure if it is by the same guys, but it features the same videos. i would check that out first (cuz it's free).

Thanks! Looks like a free version of VTA!

nadalswedgie
09-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Learning different techniques from different people is 100x more valuable than paying some pro the same amount of money to learn "his way" of playing.

Totally agree. And some pros are good at teaching one shot, but not others...

wihamilton
09-05-2007, 07:33 PM
np, im interested to know what you think of the site / video lessons.

Heath Waters
10-06-2007, 08:20 PM

well this is the owner of vta and i can tell you this site has stolen our work along with many other sites and is about to have a lawsuit on their hands IMMEDIATELY. i don't think this site will be around for long.

Heath Waters
10-06-2007, 09:07 PM

hi will,

i like your website. i think my wife lindsay actually knows frank. i was wondering how you found the learntennisonline site. do you have any involvement with the learntennisonline website?

sharpy
10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
hi will,

i like your website. i think my wife lindsay actually knows frank. i was wondering how you found the learntennisonline site. do you have any involvement with the learntennisonline website?

sweet. now we don't have to pay for tennis instruction. sounds good to me.

are you going to sue will as well if he's involved? LOL.

Heath Waters
10-06-2007, 10:54 PM
sweet. now we don't have to pay for tennis instruction. sounds good to me.

are you going to sue will as well if he's involved? LOL.

sharpy,

i am not going to sue anyone. after looking at the site...so what...he has a few of our videos that he stole and put up claiming as his own stuff. not very good resolution but free nonetheless:D . if all you want is free tennis instruction, then just shoot me an email at heath@virtualtennisacademy.com and i will gladly give you a free subscription that gives you full access to all of our content not just a few videos this guy stole.

i reckon i got a bit fired up when i first saw what this guy had done by infringing upon our work as we have spent the last 10 years making our site and thousands of hours went into it. i don't think people realize how much goes into making a site like this. it is our life's work and took alot (still takes alot) of time to make happen. anyways email me if you want the free offer. have a great weekend.

wihamilton
10-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Heath,

Thanks. I found www.learntennisonline.com somewhat randomly. I can't remember exactly how I came across your "proxy website," but I have zero affiliation w/them and it is pretty weak that someone would rip your material. Hope everything works out, although given my tacit understanding of the facts you are in good shape.

-- Will

Heath Waters
10-06-2007, 11:13 PM
will,

yeah kind of funny how the world works sometimes... but hey that's life. thanks for the info. i guess we should be flattered that they think our work is good enough to steal. i just hope another 100 sites don't come out just like it cause the resolution of the videos just aren't up to par...lol. he should have put them on youtube or something so more people could find it if he wanted to be more helpful in sharing the content. i know these guys are out of kulim malaysia hence possibly the poor english grammar (although most of the grammar is from our site other than headings and stuff). all in all quite a nice site but wish it was not our stuff:-( thanks again for your input.

nadalswedgie
10-07-2007, 06:08 AM
well this is the owner of vta and i can tell you this site has stolen our work along with many other sites and is about to have a lawsuit on their hands IMMEDIATELY. i don't think this site will be around for long.

That is horrible. Try contacting the webhost. I'm sure they would shut down the site if they knew what was going on.

nadalswedgie
10-07-2007, 06:13 AM

I did a quick whois lookup. The site is hosted by GoDaddy. I'm sure if you contacted GoDaddy they would can the site. They don't want to get in trouble for hosting stolen work.