PDA

View Full Version : penn atp balls

abenguyen
09-05-2007, 09:48 PM
whats you guys opinion on them? i played with a fresh set of penn balls the other day(the ones that just say "Penn 1, or Penn 2 etc...) and they were awesome. great bounce and spun like they were supposed to. so i was at the local academy yesterday and bought some penn atp's instead because they were the best deal being $1.89 a can for 4 balls instead of like $1.99 for three. havn't opened them yet as I want to open them when i go hit again to see what the fresh balls are like.

goober
09-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Ther regular Penn championship balls (the ones that just have a number and Penn) I think are mediocre. I use to buy them by the case because of a half decent deal at costco. The ATP balls are suppose to be a step better and they usually cost more. I think they are more durable with felt and bounce. I would definitely buy it over the championship balls at the lower cost.

The top of the line is the ProPenn line.

abenguyen
09-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Ther regular Penn championship balls (the ones that just have a number and Penn) I think are mediocre. I use to buy them by the case because of a half decent deal at costco. The ATP balls are suppose to be a step better and they usually cost more. I think they are more durable with felt and bounce. I would definitely buy it over the championship balls at the lower cost.

The top of the line is the ProPenn line.

thanks goober

Craig Sheppard
09-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't know, I bought a 3 pack (4 pack maybe) at a local sporting goods store of the ATP Tour Penns and they were crap. Very bad durability... the regular Penns were better. It's possible I just got a bad batch, but I wasn't impressed at all.

bwain
09-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't know, I bought a 3 pack (4 pack maybe) at a local sporting goods store of the ATP Tour Penns and they were crap. Very bad durability... the regular Penns were better. It's possible I just got a bad batch, but I wasn't impressed at all.

I had the same experience with the ATP balls. I like the standard Penn extra duty balls.

Texas21
09-06-2007, 08:39 PM
o.O

That's really odd, I love those balls! They are incredibly durable to me haha. They keep their air and fuzz just incredible to me. Wilson and Penn balls just make me depressed. They look like the top of my grampa's head after an hour.

TheShaun
09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
o.O

what does that mean. i've seen it before on these boards.

lookitstrevor
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
its a face, the two "O's" are the eyes, the period is the nose. The bigger eye is pretty much like raising an eyebrow at something that you question and/or find odd.

TheShaun
09-06-2007, 09:26 PM
^^^^ thanks

Swissv2
09-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Pro Penn ATP balls are excellent. Make sure the ball has the words ATP on them.

vinnier6
09-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Pro Penn ATP balls are excellent. Make sure the ball has the words ATP on them.

i have to agree with the others that didnt like this ball...i had been using them to play indoor for a few years and they were great...for indoor courts that it...

then i started playing tennis outside and they might just be the worst ball i ever played with outside...fuzz up way too much, one set of doubles and the balls looked like don kings head....

i will never buy these balls again...