PDA

View Full Version : Player interviews

Koz
09-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Anyone notice how the players never answer any of the questions they're asked before/after the match?

I applaud most of their sportsmanship and whatnot, but it seems like they all have canned answers. Very rarely are the questions ever answered, or even addressed :-p.

Starlite
09-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Ever notice how ridiculous some of the questions are? Most of the interviewers are general sports journalists and don't really know anything about tennis so the guys end up getting asked really generic questions about themselves or the match that could be easily answered. I guess players get fed up with it. :D

Max G.
09-08-2007, 05:51 PM
When they're honest, they get vilified for being disrespectful and, in some cases, even fined (Davydenko comes to mind). No wonder they all learn to give boring canned answers.

sportsfan92
09-09-2007, 06:54 AM
if you are talking about some from the uso - i think sometimes the language barriers may cause those whose first language is not english to do so b/c they don't get the whole question b/c the interviewer is speaking too fast and they are staning in front of thousands of people after an exhausting or big match..... must a couple thoughts of why. the others - as was stated above - silly questions like "so - what are you going to do differently today to try and beat **fill in the blank***in 15 seconds or less.