PDA

View Full Version : Any hope for mich fans??

UW_Husky88
09-08-2007, 09:38 PM
First off, are there any other Mich fans out here besides me?

Secondly, is there any hope for next season? This season has gone completely to **** after getting our **** tossed by UO, but is there hope left, or is the year that big blue football stops getting its top ********, and ceases to have the amazing tradition it has always had?

CanadianChic
09-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey UW, take a deep breath please. Is there any chance you can convey your point without the use of foul language? We aren't sitting across from you at a table - IOW, it's a little difficult reading through all the asterisks (they actually take away from the strength of a post). IMO.

TheShaun
09-08-2007, 10:00 PM
First off, are there any other Mich fans out here besides me?

Secondly, is there any hope for next season? This season has gone completely to **** after getting our **** tossed by UO, but is there hope left, or is the year that big blue football stops getting its top ********, and ceases to have the amazing tradition it has always had?

i thought you'd be a uw husky fan........wonder where i'd get a crazy idea like that:confused:

xtremerunnerars
09-08-2007, 10:00 PM
abandon ship!!!

UW_Husky88
09-08-2007, 10:09 PM
well like I said, my name is a misnomer. When I created it, UW was by far my top choice, but now it has slipped to feasibly my 3rd or 4th (I mean honestly, can stanford even count as a choice for 99% of the population)? So yeah. But no, I'm a pretty big mich and horn fan, so there's my spiel on that.

goober
09-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Michigan fans - you have no chance to survive make your time :D

Season's over. Even if they turn it around you are looking at the Motor City Bowl.

KBalla08
09-09-2007, 08:52 AM
i mean, i can hope to say they do good with their conference schedule, but i cant believe it will be true... if they had won yesterday maybe... but henne is hurt, so idk what they are gona do... o well i used to live in michigan, i moved to texas, and theres no chance of me going to U of M, so im basically changing allegiances to whatever college i go to next year... hoping to get into Uni. of Texas...

sportsfan92
09-09-2007, 09:03 AM
well like I said, my name is a misnomer. When I created it, UW was by far my top choice, but now it has slipped to feasibly my 3rd or 4th (I mean honestly, can stanford even count as a choice for 99% of the population)? So yeah. But no, I'm a pretty big mich and horn fan, so there's my spiel on that.

hmmm...so are you a bandwagon fan? well - i guess you'll find a new team soon enough. :confused:

BigServer1
09-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Michigan is so overrated as always, it's not even funny. What's even better is the fact that perennially overrated Notre Dame takes on perennially overrated Michigan next week and someone actually has to win. Preseason #5? What a joke. Give me SEC football or Pac-10 football any day over the Big 10.

sportsfan92
09-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Michigan is so overrated as always, it's not even funny. What's even better is the fact that perennially overrated Notre Dame takes on perennially overrated Michigan next week and someone actually has to win. Preseason #5? What a joke. Give me SEC football or Pac-10 football any day over the Big 10.

yah - that's why there should be a play off!!!! ohio state in the BCS championship and michigan getting sliced and diced by USC....a number of other SEC teams would have done better. and i'm a big 12 fan...soooo....

BigServer1
09-09-2007, 12:38 PM
yah - that's why there should be a play off!!!! ohio state in the BCS championship and michigan getting sliced and diced by USC....a number of other SEC teams would have done better. and i'm a big 12 fan...soooo....

Yeah the Big-12 is a great conference too, especially with as good as Oklahoma looks so far this year. If I had to rank the Conferences as of today (completely disregarding conference prestige from the past), they would be:

1) SEC -The best, the fastest hands down. LSU 2008 National championship- Book it.

2) Pac 10- They have 3 (soon to be 4) teams in the top 25. USC resides in this conference, enough said.

3) Big East- West Va, Louisville and Rutgers are all top 25 teams

4) Big 12- If Texas looked better, the Big 12 would be 3.

5) Big 10- Wisconsin and Penn State are trying to keep this conference a float. Ohio State seems good, but they could be poised for a big time collapse.

6) ACC- The ACC's only hope for a real BCS contender just got murdered by LSU from the far superior SEC. With Miami and FSU in the dumps, the ACC is hurting bad.

DANMAN
09-09-2007, 12:49 PM
LSU looked unreal last night. I was two rows up and the defense is astonishing. Both QBs are adept and the running back foursome is ridiculous. The receiving crew is stacked as well. Let's all hope for an LSU/USC matchup this year so we can finally see the SEC v. PAC 10 game we need.

sportsfan92
09-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah the Big-12 is a great conference too, especially with as good as Oklahoma looks so far this year. If I had to rank the Conferences as of today (completely disregarding conference prestige from the past), they would be:

1) SEC -The best, the fastest hands down. LSU 2008 National championship- Book it.

2) Pac 10- They have 3 (soon to be 4) teams in the top 25. USC resides in this conference, enough said.

3) Big East- West Va, Louisville and Rutgers are all top 25 teams

4) Big 12- If Texas looked better, the Big 12 would be 3.

5) Big 10- Wisconsin and Penn State are trying to keep this conference a float. Ohio State seems good, but they could be poised for a big time collapse.

6) ACC- The ACC's only hope for a real BCS contender just got murdered by LSU from the far superior SEC. With Miami and FSU in the dumps, the ACC is hurting bad.

agreed. man - oregon just BURNED the wolverines. OUCH! they are always exciting to watch...

Phil
09-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Why does anyone even CARE about UM anymore? I was listening to the radio and every hour the news would come on and the UM stomping would be the lead sports story. Why? Who cares? They were overrated, and that was just pre-season anyway.

sportsfan92
09-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Why does anyone even CARE about UM anymore? I was listening to the radio and every hour the news would come on and the UM stomping would be the lead sports story. Why? Who cares? They were overrated, and that was just pre-season anyway.

pre-season? there's no pre-season in college football. b/c no play off the one loss can kill a season. but agreed - over-rated.

Phil
09-09-2007, 02:53 PM
pre-season? there's no pre-season in college football. b/c no play off the one loss can kill a season. but agreed - over-rated.
I meant pre-season RANKING. Yes, I know there are no pre-season college games. But thanks for that. Anyway.

goober
09-09-2007, 03:00 PM

Well most people are considering the loss to ASU the biggest upset in the history of college football. Even if they were overrated, they should never lose to a 1AA team full of players that didn't get any Div 1 offers. The fact that they were at home and went to the Rose Bowl last year and are considered one of the big name programs in college football all play into the magnitude of the upset. It would be like if a NFL team lost to a Arena football league team.

Phil
09-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Well most people are considering the loss to ASU the biggest upset in the history of college football. Even if they were overrated, they should never lose to a 1AA team full of players that didn't get any Div 1 offers. The fact that they were at home and went to the Rose Bowl last year and are considered one of the big name programs in college football all play into the magnitude of the upset. It would be like if a NFL team lost to a Arena football league team.
I understand that, but after the loss to Oregon, which IS a Div I team, the local radio is STILL Playing this up. Why? Mich. is gone for the year-everyone knows that one loss in the college game hurts the chances for a nat'l national championship. Two losses probably kills any chance for a decent bowl game, even if Mich. were to win all its remaining games.

crazysoccer00
09-09-2007, 03:08 PM
I was at the game and I left after the 3rd quarter.
It's getting pitiful.
I can't believe I bought student season tickets for this junk.
I already gave up on the season, but hopefully we'll beat Ohio State for once.

ollinger
09-09-2007, 03:13 PM
It's a good thing; everyone needs to deal with humility in their life. Nice to spread success around a bit once in a while; college football has the same schools up at the top year in and year out, so watching Michigan and Notre Dame get beat up on is refreshing.

sportsfan92
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I was at the game and I left after the 3rd quarter.
It's getting pitiful.
I can't believe I bought student season tickets for this junk.
I already gave up on the season, but hopefully we'll beat Ohio State for once.

man up....cowboy up...whatever. this is your school dude or duduette....you gotta support. no matter....what!

lethalfang
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I understand that, but after the loss to Oregon, which IS a Div I team, the local radio is STILL Playing this up. Why? Mich. is gone for the year-everyone knows that one loss in the college game hurts the chances for a nat'l national championship. Two losses probably kills any chance for a decent bowl game, even if Mich. were to win all its remaining games.

If Michigan wins all its remaining games, they will be the Big-10 champion, which guarantees them a spot in the BCS Bowl.
Phat chance.

goober
09-09-2007, 09:54 PM
If Michigan wins all its remaining games, they will be the Big-10 champion, which guarantees them a spot in the BCS Bowl.
Phat chance.

Well given there are 11 teams in the in the "Big 10" and you only play 9 per season, it is possible to go undefeated in conference and still not go to the BCS. The tie breaker if two teams have not played each other is % of games won in which case MI would almost certainly come out on the short end. But seriously after getting bombed by an unranked Pac 10 team at home, MI will be lucky to make it to a Bowl game this year.

tricky
09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Michigan's season is the on the brink of collapse (though part of it has to do with the unfortunate timing of a very young defense and a brutal schedule.) And frankly this is good for Michigan alumni, because NOW you guys will be able to dump Lloyd Carr and hunt for a big-time coach. This is kinda like the Steve Lavin situation at UCLA -- you guys can make the clean break now.

Yeah, I'm a Buckeye fan but I think they're going to get beat pretty badly against Washington. The offense is really green, so I'm not that surprised they struggled big against Akron. The Big-10 just looks really weak this year. Wisconsin doesn't look that impressive; Penn State's defense looks solid, but it was against lowly Notre Dame.

The fact that the Pac-10 is really strong this year and IMO at least 4 team deep -- SC, UCLA, Cal, and Oregon -- will make this season really interesting.

lethalfang
09-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Michigan's season is the on the brink of collapse (though part of it has to do with the unfortunate timing of a very young defense and a brutal schedule.)

Yeah, a brutal lineup opponents of 1AA Appalachian State, Oregon, with 0-2 Notre Dame coming up.

tricky
09-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah, a brutal lineup opponents of 1AA Appalachian State, Oregon, with 0-2 Notre Dame coming up.

After Notre Dame, they also play at PSU. That'll probably be another loss. At the end of the year, they have to play at Michigan State and at Wisconsin befire they play the big game. And, so, 2 of the 3 likely frontrunners for the Big-10, they play in their houses.

Before the season started, most people agreed that Michigan had a tough opening schedule. Not as tough as SEC teams, sure, but even App State was the best 1AA team in their division. Given that they had new starters on defense, it was expected the offense to pull it out. And before the season started, I had Oregon as a very possible loss.

That all said, the Big-10 already looks like a weak conference this year. Wisconsin barely beating UNLV looks bad too. If

Breaker
01-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Well, after what looked to be a horrible season they beat down media hero Tim Tebow and that one dimensional offense even with four turnovers, great job by the Wolverines.

Hail to the Victors.

samster
01-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Go Blue! About time for some offense.

tricky
01-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Cheers to Michigan. (oh and wow, talk about opening up the playbook.) Maybe the best game Michigan has played -- inexplicable turnovers and all -- since 1997. Normally I'd root against you guys but it was fun watching FU beaten like that.

Anyhoo . . . that's now all the Pryor sweepstakes. It seems it's about whether Rodriguez will throw Mallet under the bus or not. If he doesn't, Pryor will probably go to tOSU, and then Tressell will install the Vince Smith Tebowffense in Columbus.