PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 75

Rickson
09-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Talk about home court advantage! How could they cheat Matt Hamill out of his victory over the Brit, Michael Bisping? I guess 2 out of the 3 judges were afraid of the London crowd. Anyway, M. Bisping by way of biased decision, Rampage Jackson over Dan Henderson via decision, Marcus Davis beats Paul Taylor by armbar, Cro-cop lost to Cheick Kongo by judges. Houston Alexander beat down Alessio Sakara with knees and punches.

Kobble
09-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I thought Hamill beat him. More punches, more take downs. He was in complete control.

richw76
09-09-2007, 02:41 PM
To be honest. I know the kid is deaf and all but I just don't like him. I think they brought him in to lose. Simple fact is Bisping is integral to the European UFC expansion. apparently he is one of the strongest euros out there.

Bisping's a smart guy so he's gonna say the right things when asked, but when he goes home and is alone with his wife he KNOWS he lost that fight.

Rickson
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Bisping's a smart guy so he's gonna say the right things when asked, but when he goes home and is alone with his wife he KNOWS he lost that fight.
I think he knows it even without his wife around. Damn biased judges!

35ft6
09-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Cro Cop. WTF?

richw76
09-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Cro Cop. WTF?

Yeah He may just be getting old, and comfortable. He's Rocky in Rocky 3.

Also makes you wonder, maybe UFC does have the best fighters. because all the "Stars" of other organizations are coming to the UFC and losing.

35ft6
09-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Also makes you wonder, maybe UFC does have the best fighters. because all the "Stars" of other organizations are coming to the UFC and losing. First off, the UFC bought Pride, that's why you're seeing more Pride guys fighting in the UFC. Secondly, the Pride guys are having to adjust to UFC rules, which is no excuse for Crocop the third time out.

And who else from "other organizations" is getting beat? Herring? Anderson Silva came in and destroyed the UFC's most successful fighter. I'm still waiting to see Fedor come in. Can't wait to see Shogun fight Forest. That's a very intriguing match up. But mark my words, Shogun is going to destroy him.

latinking
09-10-2007, 08:04 PM
First off, the UFC bought Pride, that's why you're seeing more Pride guys fighting in the UFC. Secondly, the Pride guys are having to adjust to UFC rules, which is no excuse for Crocop the third time out.

And who else from "other organizations" is getting beat? Herring? Anderson Silva came in and destroyed the UFC's most successful fighter. I'm still waiting to see Fedor come in. Can't wait to see Shogun fight Forest. That's a very intriguing match up. But mark my words, Shogun is going to destroy him.

I agree, the cage is wack. Not realistic fighting. In pride if you on the ropes they put you in the middle of the ring. In ufc, guys can just use the cage and hold you on it and tire guys out. That not real fighting, no wonder ground and pound fighters do so well in the ufc.

Hot Sauce
09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
First off, the UFC bought Pride, that's why you're seeing more Pride guys fighting in the UFC. Secondly, the Pride guys are having to adjust to UFC rules, which is no excuse for Crocop the third time out.

Ah, you and me think the same way. I really can't wait for Fedor to kick some UFC ***, he's incredible. Shogun Rua is a great fighter; his upcoming fight will be entertaining. I don't know about you, but I'm more of a fan of Pride. Fedor, CroCop, Wanderlei, Shogun, Noguiera, all just great to watch.

As for CroCop, I really don't know what he was doing out there. The first round he could've taken.. maybe. But after that he wasn't taking the initiative to throw punches, and he really wasn't displaying the incredible striking he has shown in the past. But that definitely was the best I've seen Congo fight, congrats to big black man.

And as for the original topic, YES, HAMILL GOT ROBBED. He was in control the whole fight, and me and my brother were both incredibly surprised by the decision. Outrageous.

35ft6
09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I agree, the cage is wack. Not realistic fighting. In pride if you on the ropes they put you in the middle of the ring. In ufc, guys can just use the cage and hold you on it and tire guys out. That not real fighting, no wonder ground and pound fighters do so well in the ufc.Being able to throw elbows in the ground really helps the ground and pounders, too. A guy like Crocop seemed to have a really good, almost freakishly good natural sprawl, take down defense, and he could keep himself out of harm on the ground, but the elbows are really messing him up in the UFC.

Gotta give the UFC guys some credit though. They're constantly circling left against Crocop, neutralizing his biggest weapon.

35ft6
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Ah, you and me think the same way. I really can't wait for Fedor to kick some UFC ***, he's incredible. Shogun Rua is a great fighter; his upcoming fight will be entertaining. I don't know about you, but I'm more of a fan of Pride. Fedor, CroCop, Wanderlei, Shogun, Noguiera, all just great to watch. There were definitely more dynamic, exciting fighters in Japan, but I guess a lot of them are now UFC fights, or will be someday soon, so whatever. I think I heard a Fedor fight is tentatively in the works. Besides Shogun, I'd like to see Dennis Kang, Sokoudjou, and Yamamoto Kid. Shoot, there are so many matchups I'd like to see so long as we see Pride versus UFC. Bring on Overeem, Chonin, Hunt, Barnett, Arona, Kharitonov...

Kevin T
09-11-2007, 09:16 AM

Absolutely, 35. Silva made "wonderboy" Rich Franklin look like a tough man contest winner. Rampage knocked "wonderboy part deaux", "face of the UFC" Iceman Chuck out in short order. Dan Henderson is top 2 or 3 in two divisions. If Fedor comes in, he's gonna beat Randy. I'd bet the house on that one.

And about CroCop, I think that knockout has ruined him. It happens to boxers all the time. Worldbeater meets a devastating knockout and loses his killer instinct. He was a scared, timid fighter. I was watching the Fedor Pride special on Fox Sunday and CroCop was a different guy, a total animal that almost beat the best fighter in the world. He's definitely lost his edge, which is sad because he was probably my fave fighter. A funny guy with devastating striking. Totally agree with you RE Shogun. I think Griffith is in deep doodoo.

35ft6
09-11-2007, 01:11 PM
^ I wonder if the rumored ginormous contract Crocop signed with UFC has something to do with his apparent lethargy?

Kevin T
09-11-2007, 01:25 PM
1. Get your head knocked off + 2. tons 'o' cash + 3. career in politics, etc.=why fight when you're set for life. That's probably a pretty good assessment.

Jack the Hack
09-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I watched UFC 75 with my brother-in-law and a room full of people all going for Bisbing. Not a single person there thought that Bisbing had won that fight, and they were fans of him! Hamill definitely got robbed, and I think Bisbing disgraced himself by whooping it up and acting like he was superior. (By the way, several of the polls I've seen on other UFC related sites say that upwards of 90% of the people think Hamill won.)

CroCop was probably the most disappointing performer of the night. I'm not sure what happened to his aggressiveness... but maybe the fact that he got tagged in the nuts repeatedly by Kongo had something to do with that. :shock: He mentioned that the groin shots hurt his stamina in a post fight interview, and also said that he broke a rib in the 1st round that bothered him. Whatever the case, I think he might be done...

Due to some great insider connections earlier this year, I was able to watch the Rampage vs. Liddell fight in Vegas live from the second row. In that event, I was going for Chuck, but had money bet on Rampage because he was such a huge underdog and I thought he actually had a good chance to win. Anyway, I thought his knockout of Chuck was a little lucky (I think Liddell thought he was clear from Jackson's reach and let his arms down, and he never saw that punch). I also thought Rampage would have trouble defending his title in the next fight. However, I now have a ton of newfound respect after he beat Henderson. Plus, Jackson is just freakin' hilarious... I hope he keeps winning.

What's up with UFC 76? Liddell vs. Jardine doesn't seem like a very good draw to me... I doubt they will be setting any pay-per-view records with that one!

Kobble
09-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Jardine is a warm-up for Rua, and Griffin is a warm-up for Lidell, or Ortiz. It will be Rua, Rampage, and Henderson dominating for a very long time. Not that everyone doesn't know that.

Hot Sauce
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
And about CroCop, I think that knockout has ruined him. It happens to boxers all the time. Worldbeater meets a devastating knockout and loses his killer instinct. He was a scared, timid fighter. I was watching the Fedor Pride special on Fox Sunday and CroCop was a different guy, a total animal that almost beat the best fighter in the world. He's definitely lost his edge, which is sad because he was probably my fave fighter. A funny guy with devastating striking. Totally agree with you RE Shogun. I think Griffith is in deep doodoo.

I have to agree with this. CroCop was one of my favourite fighters, but he just isn't all there anymore.

GRANITECHIEF
09-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Heads up on the FREE replay of UFC 75 tonite 9pm on Spike.

35ft6
09-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Heads up on the FREE replay of UFC 75 tonite 9pm on Spike. It was free the first time too.:p