PDA

View Full Version : USTA breaking down on non-members in their tourneys

PrestigeClassic
11-01-2004, 05:46 PM
What's with this? Now it won't even let you put your name in "the computer" if it senses you don't have a membership. Why would anybody get a membership just for the opportunity to drop some change in a USTA exec's pocket? Tennis Magazine, if they include that for "free" anymore, has gone down the tubes and has relegated itself to bathroom reading. It drops the IQ score of most serious tennis enthusiasts.

Does anybody know how to get around this? I don't think I'm trying to be a free-loader; I have no interest in anything else the USTA offers; in fact, I can make sure much better than a USTA exec that my $30 actually stays in a grass-roots program, what they make you believe it is for. Thoughts?

finchy
11-01-2004, 06:28 PM
hmm. when i signed up a few months ago for $15, it said that $10 would go towards the tennis magazine subscription.

bigserving
11-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Dude,

You ARE being cheap!!

It sounds like from the title of this thread that you want to play their events without being a member. You click on to their site so it is apparent that you do want something from them but without paying their fee. Become a member and then you can complain about what they do with the money.

Tennis Mag is not all that bad. It is a one lunch hour read but still it is tennis and sometimes there are some good pictures.

Stop whining, pony up, participate, go play, and have fun.

PrestigeClassic
11-02-2004, 01:07 PM
The only time I've ever "clicked on to their site" was yesterday for one minute after reading about someone's $15 membership fee. Turns out that's what a junior membership runs. I must have misheard someone estimate the $30 fee to me; it's really $35.00. Yeah, good idea: screw myself now, so that I can complain later. And who would I even complain to, some local entity from which the USTA disassociates so much to the point where they don't know what's going on either?

lenosucks
11-09-2004, 05:24 PM
There's a simple solution to your problem: Don't play in their tournaments. The USTA is an organized league, and they need to pay for their advertising and their employees. What, you want them to not collect any money? How would they operate?

PrestigeClassic
11-11-2004, 06:31 PM
No kidding they need to pay for their employees. After all, the top people make high six figures in this non-for-profit organization.