PDA

View Full Version : Mutual Power stringing machines

bluecephas
03-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I recently found this website/company--Mutual Power--that sells stringing machines for very decent prices. I'd like to get any feedback on their customer support and product quality. If any of you have tried the Alpine 2000 I'd like to hear from you. Thanks. Here's their site address: http://www.mutualpower.net/

drop shot
03-17-2004, 09:30 PM
When you read their ad out loud it sounds like they are Asian or possibly Tonto.

Mutual Power - the most famous tennis equipment supplier in the world.

Mutual Power provides full line of products direct from manufacture. The close relationship between Mutual Power and factory to bring you the newest products followed the trend of new technology as your requirement. Mutual Power commit the technical excellence for quality and performance. Our goal is to provide the best products and services to serve you. Now Mutual Power partner with one of the most famous string manufacture and would like to introduce your more strings for all kinds of racquets sports. We have the newest technology and models of tennis strings, badminton strings and squash strings. All bring to you direct from factory for you to present your special technique performance.

drop shot
03-17-2004, 09:51 PM
On Eagnas's website, they accuse Mutual Power of copying them! Now, that's a red flag if ever I heard one. I just called Mutual Power's 1-800 customer Service number at 1:30 am EST expecting to get an answering machine message. Instead I got a lady who answered the phone with "Herro" My bet is it's probably a home ran business just like Eagnas. I'd also bet that they will speak great English when you are in the process of spending money with them but when you have a question, problem or need "after the sale" assistance they suddenly "No speak EENGLEES" I dealt with Eagnas years ago and when I had a question the lady who answered thought I was trying to get a refund and got very defensive and short. Who knows maybe they are different. Not meaning to sound racist but whenever I deal with Asians on **** they bug the hell out of me when I sell them something even though I have an excellent feedback record. As soon as the sale is over, they bombard me with emails wanting to know tracking numbers when will I ship etc (even though it is clearly stated in my listing) Then after 2 days they start emailing me with "WHEER IS MY ITEM I BUY FROM YOU"?? every day until it arrives. Sorry this is just my experience.

Deuce
03-17-2004, 11:31 PM
Eagnas accuses EVERY company who sells stringing machines of copying them.

How probable is that?

Gaines Hillix
03-18-2004, 09:39 AM
There are two companies in Taiwan who make most of the stringing machines out there. Lillie-Lee is one of them and I think they make both Eagnas' and Mutal Power's machines. Look at the Mutual Power website....they can't even get their model numbers right. They have both an upright crank machine and a table top drop weight listed as an Alpine 2000 model. If you are mechanically oriented and like to modify/fix things yourself and price is a key factor, then you can take your chances with one of these or an Eagnas. But, if you want quality and service, look elsewhere, IMO.

RacquetDoctor
03-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Lilly Lee does not make the Mutual Power machines... As far as quality goes(Eagnas), well, stay away from the low end machines. They are truly built for a hobbiest....I can tell you though, first hand, that from a sampling of their higher end machines, they are extremely similar to the Alpha...Not looking to pick an argument, but I almost became an importer years ago and have quite a bit of knowledge in this respect...I can tell you also that Maxline is just a small time importer, not the manufacturer, and while their customer service isn't all that hot at all, I just think they picked the wrong line of machines to carry(ie, should have stayed away from the low end line of machines...)

Mark

blackburne
03-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Mutual Power is made by Xpider, makers of Silent Partner. But their machines seem to lean more towards an Eagnas rather than Silent Partner, go figure.

bendover
04-12-2004, 03:52 PM
is it just me or does the eagnas flash 565 and gamma progression 2 look exactly the same??

http://www.eagnas.com/jpg1/fh565a3.jpg

Gaines Hillix
04-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Mutual Power is made by Xpider, makers of Silent Partner. But their machines seem to lean more towards an Eagnas rather than Silent Partner, go figure.

Porex is the 3rd company's name.

barry
04-22-2005, 12:21 PM
bendover

I am beginning to think most of these machines are the same, maybe painted like Roger Federer's racket. Maybe Gamma just orders it in a different color and name. It is a very small market and most of the machines come from the same place.

axbige
04-22-2005, 12:41 PM
I recently found this website/company--Mutual Power--that sells stringing machines for very decent prices. I'd like to get any feedback on their customer support and product quality. If any of you have tried the Alpine 2000 I'd like to hear from you. Thanks. Here's their site address: http://www.mutualpower.net/

I have posted with my experience using the Alpine 4000 and I know of one other member who posted about his experience with the 2000.

See links below:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=44127
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=44702

Gaines Hillix
04-23-2005, 05:03 AM
bendover

I am beginning to think most of these machines are the same, maybe painted like Roger Federer's racket. Maybe Gamma just orders it in a different color and name. It is a very small market and most of the machines come from the same place.

Mutual Power machines are made by XSpider, a spin off from Eagnas. Gamma's machines are made in a different factory. I haven't figured out the name of it, yet.