PDA

View Full Version : Good Seafood/Steakhouse Restaurant in Boston, MA?

MTChong
09-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Hello, I currently reside in California but will be flying out to Boston next week to go to college in the New England area. My parents are flying there with me, and my dad wanted me to find some notable seafood/steak restaurants in the Boston area to have a last family dinner before I go off to school. I know Boston is a decently sized city, but all I know is that we're arriving at Logan International...

That said, if anyone has any suggestions (maybe near the airport, too but it doesn't have to be; we'll be renting a car so driving is easily possible, but I don't want to have to drive too far), it would be greatly appreciated!

bleach
09-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Legal Seafood (several Locations)

Lakoste
09-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I went to the Great Bay restaurant while I visited Boston a couple years ago, I thought it was very good.

MTChong
09-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far both of you; however, I looked online and it seems they're seafood exclusive. I was actually looking for places that serve both seafood and steaks (preferably that take reservations even this late seeing as it's less than a week away) because one of my friend's who is traveling with me doesn't like seafood.

35ft6
09-10-2007, 03:01 PM
There's this great place in Boston called Red Lobster. It's amazing. Tell them 35ft6 sent you and they won't give you re-cycled bread.

Sean Dugan
09-10-2007, 03:55 PM
As noted above, Legal Seafood is a popular local chain and they have good food and service.

I don't know if it is still there, but if you are looking for a place with a lot of atmosphere, there is the Union Oyster House in the Downtown area. It is dripping with history and sort of the antithesis of Legal Seafood which is much more modern and suburban in nature.

I don't think you'll have much a problem finding good seafood in Boston.

Just drop your friend off at Sizzler on your way to the seafood place. ;o)

MTChong
09-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Haha, I wouldn't do that; that'd be pretty mean to just ditch her and go off elsewhere.

That said, thanks for the suggestions; I've searched a little online, too, and found the Abe & Louis restaurant; has anyone been there or know any comparable restaurants in terms of selection?

angharad
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far both of you; however, I looked online and it seems they're seafood exclusive. I was actually looking for places that serve both seafood and steaks (preferably that take reservations even this late seeing as it's less than a week away) because one of my friend's who is traveling with me doesn't like seafood.

I'm not sure which menu you looked at, but the Legal Seafood on Long Wharf (the one I went to and highly recommend) serves stuff other than seafood - they have a few chicken and steak dishes. They're mainly seafood, but you can find other stuff there.

BstonBruin
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
If you want good steak go to Capital Grille on Newbury Street...you might even see a few athletes

Freedom
09-10-2007, 09:31 PM
If at all possible, I'd ask the locals. Call up your college and talk to some of the receptionists/professors...whoever answers the phone. Ask them where to get the best surf & turf.