PDA

View Full Version : Hitting partner/Pro set player needed

Ephry73
09-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Hello all. I know I'm a fairly new member to the board, but I was wondering if there are any players interested in rallying, hitting with, or even playing a few pro sets two to three times a week.

I recently moved to Melbourne, FL, and cannot find anyone to play with yet. I figured I try the forum to see if anyone is interested.

I used to play consistently and got to be certified to teach tennis by the USPTR ( I know, I know) back in 1995(self taught non-the-less). Since then I have had a shoulder injury, and a lapse in play time of almost four years. No longer a 6.0 player, or close to it, but still can say I'm a solid 4.5 to 5 player.
Need to get back in tennis shape, and play time is definitely missed.

Email address is Ephry73@aol.com Same for AIM) if you're insterested, throw me a line. I live a couple of blocks from the Florida Institute of Technology, and will also post this add there, in hopes to find someone to rally with at least.

Thanks in advance,

Ephry

drakulie
09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Look up a player with the username zptennis. (Good solid player). I believe he lives in that area.

Good luck.

Ephry73
09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks Drakulie. Funny avatar BTW.

E

jmsx521
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I just sent you email.

bad_call
09-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Ephyr73 - i'm in Orlando so not too close. my gf knows of a supposedly good player in your area. will try to get him to contact you.

drakulie - your new avatar looks peculiar ... the yoda looked better - imo ...

Ephry73
09-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks a million guys. I figured this would be a good place to start, as I really miss hitting the ball, and the wall can only provide so much.
Plus, is good to get to know people in the area.

E

drakulie
09-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Ephyr73 - i'm in Orlando so not too close. my gf knows of a supposedly good player in your area. will try to get him to contact you.

drakulie - your new avatar looks peculiar ... the yoda looked better - imo ...

The old avatar was of Vick getting "owned" by a german sheppard. I changed it back to the Yoda at the request of the mods.

JohnnyM
09-27-2007, 10:26 AM
I am in Melbourne FL, I'd love to hit sometime
shoot me a line at
mentontribe@yahoo.com

bad_call
09-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I am in Melbourne FL, I'd love to hit sometime
shoot me a line at
mentontribe@yahoo.com

looks like there is a melbourne chapter forming here.

Ephyr73 - btw have u had a hit with the dude from melbourne i referred ? if so how did it go ?

Ephry73
09-29-2007, 08:28 AM
I think there are enough players here to have a small chapter and perhaps even promote some clinics and tourneys. Makes it fun and exciting, plus, playing with different people improves your game(for the most part).

E

Ephry73
10-07-2007, 01:39 PM
I have to say one thing, Lynne's kids are good. I suck now! lol
It is amazing to realize how out of shape I am. It felt good to hit on Saturday though. Not denying that, but I definitely need to get back to tennis shape seriously. Now that I know there's a wall at Fee ave, I will try to make it there more regularly, and get my work out schedule going.

Lynne, thanks a million for letting me hit with your kids.

After analyzing how bad out of shape I am, and how much loss of control I have(hitting against the wall can only provide so much) I think I fall under the 4.0 level, due to lack of speed. It felt like I had lead weights on my ankle,s and I was not bending enough for the shots, or even using my legs as much on the serve. I will get back to my old tennis self, and will enjoy the path there for sure.

E