PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many good-skilled people play doubles?

lidation
09-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Why do so many good-skilled people play doubles? Only occasionally do I see people with good skills playing singles. Most of the time I saw people playing tennis with good skills, they are playing doubles. This is just the scence I see around my area in public courts.

I played a few times doubles but I found it very boring. You don't run very much and it's easy to smash your partner with your stick. I don't find double game very exciting.

I am just starting to play tennis and should be below 3.0. Maybe as my skills grow I will like doubles? :confused:

Phil
09-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes, maybe after you've played a bit more, you will understand that doubles requires skill, too. Good players play doubles because they enjoy it.

psp2
09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
You should play both singles and doubles. Each game will (or hopefully) help the other aspect of the game.

Voltron
09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Although I wouldn't consider myself particularly skilled, doubles is fun, mostly because I'm not under pressure, like in singles tournaments.

BiGGieStuFF
09-10-2007, 06:24 PM
I like singles more but doubles keeps me under wraps temper-wise. I can't overly upset or just give up because there is someone depending on me. I actually play even harder in doubles but I do tend to put more pressure on myself to perform. I play my worst doubles when I'm playing with someone for the first time so first time impressions are horrid for me.

The two games are like night and day for me.