PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Poland?

tommywellinggirl
09-11-2007, 04:40 AM
Thought I'd post this thread, curious to know how many of us Poles are here:D
Come to think of it, anyone from Warsaw?;)

Automatix
09-11-2007, 04:42 AM
Poland yes, but not Warsaw... Czestochowa... ;)

tommywellinggirl
09-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Poland yes, but not Warsaw... Czestochowa... ;)
Cool, I'm Karolina and you?
Pzdr;)

Automatix
09-11-2007, 04:47 AM
Piotrek... I think there are lot's of Polish Tennis Players on this forum... we just have to wait and see how many... :)

Siema :D

Automatix
09-11-2007, 04:51 AM
I usually don't double post but I have a GIFT! I have telepathic abilities!

You go by the nickname of: Loca
You play with a Babolat Custom Damp and use balls such as Dunlop Pro, Wilson US Open and Tretorn... you wear Babolat Pure Lady III shoes and have used Wilson Ultra Advantage and Prince Graphite 110...

Am I right or am I right ;)

Ohhh... and I forgot to mention that you're an english teacher ;)

tommywellinggirl
09-11-2007, 05:01 AM
I usually don't double post but I have a GIFT! I have telepathic abilities!

You go by the nickname of: Loca
You play with a Babolat Custom Damp and use balls such as Dunlop Pro, Wilson US Open and Tretorn... you wear Babolat Pure Lady III shoes and have used Wilson Ultra Advantage and Prince Graphite 110...

Am I right or am I right ;)

Ohhh... and I forgot to mention that you're an english teacher ;)

Yeah, spot on, looks like's someone's been visiting the other tennis forum I post in:D

Automatix
09-11-2007, 05:07 AM
Exactly... but on my forum you don't post much... and that's a no no ;)

Finding me is even easier because I have the same Avatar here and on the forum :D

tommywellinggirl
09-11-2007, 05:11 AM
Exactly... but on my forum you don't post much... and that's a no no ;)

Finding me is even easier because I have the same Avatar here and on the forum :D
Ok, guilty is charged:D. I only found your forum a short while ago, promise to post there more often;).

Automatix
09-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Yeah just remember to post withour errors using polish letters... we're quite strict about this ;)

I take your word for it ;)

forzainter
09-11-2007, 08:16 AM
hey right, i've not got a problem with this or anything, but why do so many polish people move to scotland? You seem to like your country fine but whats so bad about it that people feel the need to come to Scotland, highly qualified people that end up doing low end jobgs that no one here wants to do, why do your people do this? It makes no sense to me

tommywellinggirl
09-11-2007, 08:25 AM
hey right, i've not got a problem with this or anything, but why do so many polish people move to scotland? You seem to like your country fine but whats so bad about it that people feel the need to come to Scotland, highly qualified people that end up doing low end jobgs that no one here wants to do, why do your people do this? It makes no sense to me
Coz they earn more money there, plain and simple. Take my situation, for example. I'm an English teacher with a university degree, and all they can offer me here in Poland is a lousy 400 Euros. Compare that with the average salary over in Scotland and your question will be answered. The jobs that you consider low end seem a good enough reason for other people (mainly Poles), to go abroad.

forzainter
09-11-2007, 08:29 AM
but I dont understnad, some of you are very highly qualified, and yet you come and apply for the jobs of janitors, leave those jobs to the people that drop out of school at age 15, surely if you speak good english and you have the qualifications, you will get the job here that you want

tommywellinggirl
09-11-2007, 08:35 AM
but I dont understnad, some of you are very highly qualified, and yet you come and apply for the jobs of janitors, leave those jobs to the people that drop out of school at age 15, surely if you speak good english and you have the qualifications, you will get the job here that you want
Wish it were that simple, mate, I really do. A lot of people's lives would be very different. Unfortunately, as much as I love Poland, the only thing that can get you a good job here, are your connections.

jj300
09-11-2007, 08:43 AM
i figure i would post....

originally from poland but have been in the usa since 6th grade, i'm now finishing college.

forzainter,
the issue you describe does not only apply to polish people. if you watch the news, you will notice that polish people are very very educated in math, finance, accounting, and computers (need i point out all the competitions poland won over the likes of harvard, yale, and top european univerisites?) The polish economy is improving but very very slowly. In the meantime, other counties are recognizing that they can get highly qualified polish workers for less than their own counterparts. Another thing to point out is that polish people many times speak several languages, the most popular being english, russian, french, and spanish. The same reason why there are so man indian, asian, and mexican nationals in the United States, applies to the country in question. The answer is cost of business

tommywellinggirl
09-11-2007, 08:47 AM
i figure i would post....

originally from poland but have been in the usa since 6th grade, i'm now finishing college.

forzainter,
the issue you describe does not only apply to polish people. if you watch the news, you will notice that polish people are very very educated in math, finance, accounting, and computers (need i point out all the competitions poland won over the likes of harvard, yale, and top european univerisites?) The polish economy is improving but very very slowly. In the meantime, other counties are recognizing that they can get highly qualified polish workers for less than their own counterparts. Another thing to point out is that polish people many times speak several languages, the most popular being english, russian, french, and spanish. The same reason why there are so man indian, asian, and mexican nationals in the United States, applies to the country in question. The answer is cost of business

That's well put JJ. Just out of curiosity, do you speak Polish, then?;)

jj300
09-11-2007, 08:50 AM
i can probably haggle my way speaking but writing is another story. hard to keep up the language when 99.99% of people speak something else besides polish

SOY78
09-11-2007, 08:51 AM
I am originally from a neighbooring contry to the east, Ukraine ;) But I came to the USA in 1990 and been here ever since :)

tommywellinggirl
09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I am originally from a neighbooring contry to the east, Ukraine ;) But I came to the USA in 1990 and been here ever since :)
Cool, guess you'll be comin' home for the Euro, though?;D.

Automatix
09-11-2007, 10:30 AM
He he... Euro yeaaaah... that's a funny one...

So we're waiting for others... there has to be more of us here... c'mon you guys... or girls :D

BTW: I'm still a student... all I have for now is the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English...

Boja
09-11-2007, 05:10 PM
I was born and raised in Canada, but my entire family is Polish.

Speaking of Polish tennis, it was disappointing to hear that Urzsula Radwanska lost in the finals of the US Open juniors. She was up 3-0 in the first set and lost it 3-6, which makes it even worse.

Hokiez
09-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Don't live there but have been there and loved it (though the roads left a little to be desired from Berlin to Wroclaw on E40 on my way to Prudnik). The countryside reminded me a great deal of Richmond, VA (where I live).

zapvor
09-11-2007, 06:16 PM

not from Poland, but i played with 3 the other night. they were very nice. wish i bump into them again.

spaceman_spiff
09-12-2007, 05:48 AM

I think Forza is asking why the Polish people coming to Scotland don't apply for better positions in Scotland, instead taking low-end jobs.

I think the ones who do know English well enough and plan on staying for a long time are applying for high-end jobs, but perhaps a lot of people feel their English isn't good enough. Here in England, a lot of people will work a low-end job for a little while as they improve their English, then they will apply for a better job once their language skills have improved.

Others that I've known only plan on being here for a short time and just want to save up some money before going back to Poland, Slovakia, etc. They often prefer to take an immediate low-end position rather than spending a long time hunting for a higher-level position that they just plan on leaving in 8 or 10 months.

SOY78
09-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Ukraine is still on their "Grivens" but they do use US dollars and Euros as other currency. When my wife gets her citizenship some time in two years I will go on a Euro trip back to Ukraine. Can't wait, I am allready saving money on it :)

forzainter
09-12-2007, 08:11 AM
I think Forza is asking why the Polish people coming to Scotland don't apply for better positions in Scotland, instead taking low-end jobs.

I think the ones who do know English well enough and plan on staying for a long time are applying for high-end jobs, but perhaps a lot of people feel their English isn't good enough. Here in England, a lot of people will work a low-end job for a little while as they improve their English, then they will apply for a better job once their language skills have improved.

Others that I've known only plan on being here for a short time and just want to save up some money before going back to Poland, Slovakia, etc. They often prefer to take an immediate low-end position rather than spending a long time hunting for a higher-level position that they just plan on leaving in 8 or 10 months.

yeah, that is what i was asking

pavelp
09-12-2007, 08:41 AM

Hi, I am from Poland as well. Living in Austin, TX. Before that Miami, FL.

By the way, any Polish tennis players in west Austin (Lakeway area)?

Cheers,

Pavel

FarFed
09-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Well anyway, Jak się masz!?

SoBad
09-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I am not from Poland, but I was definitely rooting for Radwanska when she took out Mashul' a couple of weeks ago in New York.:) Proshu pani!@!;)

iksmols
09-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I am from Poland ,but have lived in Ohio for the past 13 years.

huba
12-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Hi,

I am from poland and still live there, but not from warsaw. I live in wroclaw.

BR
Pawel

Azzurri
12-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Coz they earn more money there, plain and simple. Take my situation, for example. I'm an English teacher with a university degree, and all they can offer me here in Poland is a lousy 400 Euros. Compare that with the average salary over in Scotland and your question will be answered. The jobs that you consider low end seem a good enough reason for other people (mainly Poles), to go abroad.

Hi,
I am not Polish (I am from Italy living in the United States). FYI: more Scientists and Mathematician have hailed from Poland sine 1900than any other nation.

I noticed you are an English teacher. What grade do children begin learning English? What grade do you teach? I am an 8th grade teacher in Pennsylvania.

giver deaner
12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm not Polish but damm are Pol's hot

DrewRafter8
12-21-2007, 04:53 PM
One of my regular hitting partners is an Economics Professor from Poland. Great Guy!