PDA

View Full Version : Need A Suggestion For A Tennis Backpack

ConnecticutLacoste
09-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Could someone please reccomend a tennis backpack bag for me? Thank you in advance!

CtLacoste

cghipp
09-11-2007, 02:30 PM
I really like the Wilson Perfect Pac in black. It has room for two racquets (and they don't flop around), and you can fit shoes and a change of clothes in the main compartment. I don't think you can get it at TW anymore, but it can be found elsewhere.

ConnecticutLacoste
09-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks! Other replies would still be appreciated...

RLFore
09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Try the Head Team backpack.

RLFore
09-13-2007, 10:23 PM
I just bought the Adidas Barricade Backpack shown on the left. After research and consideration, my final 3 choices was the Head Team backpack, Babolat Team backpack, and this Adidas bag. And I got this Adidas from the auction site for a good deal.

I thought the Adidas is more functional and it has a shoe or wet pouch in the lower back portion so its low in the back. And has more pockets, but the Babolat has the grip protectors, which comes in handy since I scratched the end of my butt cap with my last backpack on the chain linked fence walking into the court.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/luxurycouture/Bagcomparison.jpg

volusiano
09-14-2007, 02:10 AM
I have the 2007 Head Team, then later I bought the Wilson All Gear and the Eforce backpack because they were on sale for cheap and I had another 25% off coupon on top. The Wilson and the Eforce are actually racketball backpacks but you can fit your tennis rackets in there just fine as long as they're not too oversize.

I wear them when I ride my motorcycle to the courts to practice serve by myself. I want to be able to carry a BallPort 36 ball hopper inside the backpack. The Wilson fits this purpose the best, but it doesn't have a shoes compartment. The Head Team and the Eforce have shoes compartments.

I like the Head Team look the best.

ConnecticutLacoste
09-14-2007, 11:11 AM
thanks everyone. i think im leaning towards the head team...

volusiano
09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
The one thing I don't like about the 2007 Head Tour Team, though, is that the racket compartment doesn't have a 'notch' designed for the racket' trunk. It's just zippered through and through on both sides, so when you have your rackets in there with the trunk/handle in the middle, you have to zip up on both sides and secure and tie your 2 zipper tabs together with something or else they can get 'unzipped' apart fairly easily.

This is actually very annoying and make it semi non-functional. You would think if they design a backpack especially for tennis rackets, they would have the racket compartment better thought out than this.

So while I like the look of the Head Team backpack, I would probably not have bought it if I had known about this deficiency. I bought it on the internet so this wasn't obvious to me until it arrives in the mail.

The Wilson backpack I bought later at the store has a 'notch' design for the trunk just like how it's supposed to be. The 'notch' is located a little bit on one side, and they have the zipper only on the other side. Your racket is secure and the zipper can't become unzipped by accident. That's how it should be.