PDA

View Full Version : How to juggle?

dave333
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
How did you guys learn to juggle? A lot of my friends that have nasty hand-eye are insane jugglars. I figure that if I can learn how to juggle, I'll have at least decent hand-eye coordination too.

Anyone have step by step instructions or somethign? I took two tennis balls and sorta "juggled" them. It was ok, I could get a couple rounds before a toss went awry.

StealthGnome
09-11-2007, 08:51 PM
It took me 2 weeks in my PE class to learn how to juggle.
I can do 3 balls, 2 hands. 2 balls, one hand. Never tried 4.

35ft6
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Seriously, one day my friends and I were driving someplace, we stopped for gas, and all of the sudden a few of my friends started juggling. I didn't know they could. Some could keep going for a while. So I grabbed some balls and, what do you know?, I started juggling.

This sounds ridiculous but just grab some tennis balls and start juggling. That's what I did. I still don't know the technique or theory behind it, but I just realize at that moment juggling isn't really that hard. I haven't practiced enough to just keep going though. Just don't throw the ball that hard.

Nuke
09-12-2007, 03:49 AM
I bought one of those "Klutz" books (Juggling for the Complete Klutz?) years ago and taught myself. I'm sure there are plenty of tutorials on the internet now, so just Google for it. One tip that saved me a lot of hassle: practice while standing over a bed, so you don't have to go chasing the balls around the room when you drop one.

max
09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I learned in college, albeit in the dorm hallway, during final exam week, as a way to relax a bit and loosen my mental tension!

Around and around it goes!

Shahar26
09-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Make sure you start will balls that are all the same size (hmmm, did someone say tennis balls?).

You will start with a ball in one hand, and two balls in the other.

Start by throwing a ball from the hand with two balls, and make sure two balls are always in the air (one going up, one coming down).

I hope it helps....

P.S

4+ balls is for people with way too much time on their hands :)

jmsx521
09-12-2007, 07:47 PM
I learned 3 balls at the tennis courts several years ago. It took total of 5-10hr. of practice to figure it out.... And since then I've been struggling to learn 4 balls.

angharad
09-12-2007, 08:14 PM
If you really can't get the hang of it, try "juggling" scarves or unfolded paper napkins to get the motion down...they'll float, not fall, so it's a bit easier to start off with.