PDA

View Full Version : bad instructor

PrestigeClassic
11-02-2004, 05:05 PM
I know a goofball that always drinks coffee and Red Bull all day sitting behind the desk at a pro shop and then goes and regurgitates a lesson or two for some helpless players. I took a few lessons with this person when we first met. My intial opion on the guy was dismal, but with some effort at any sort of a friendship, I realized I was being overly optimistic. Anyway, he is like a manic parrot, the thing that bothered me at first was his constant jibber-jabber about how much wrist I use on shots. He goes on to say how my loose wrist is the problem on all my bad shots. I ask him to teach me to not use my wrist, what to do, etc. *garble, mumble* is the reply I get. Like I said, he doesn't listen to you, or change his speel. He gets the an idea of what you're doing wrong, magnifies it 100x, zones in and gets obsessed about it, and repeats it to no end. The lesson sometimes stops for a whole minute, which is not bad in itself, except during this whole one minute, all you hear is a broken record. Apparently if I was on video, I would see my arm as the only thing moving, that's how much I snap my wrist. NOT. Nobody has ever said that to me before, and I've known plently of better coaches to say the least. The next time I hear about my loose wrist I'm going to show him up close and personal how un-loose it is. The guy truly is a First Class Numbnuts, I hate him and his stupid portable DVD player and Red Bulls and tarayaki steak and rice that he has delivered to him every night at the pro shop. He is just a pessimistic dolt whole right side of his brain resembles burnt toast. Must..avoid..contact..

david aames
11-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Why don't you take go ask your buddy ART ART for his opinion? Or at least let us know why we should care?

PrestigeClassic
11-02-2004, 09:40 PM
I write about a dufuss, another one shows up. Yeah, good idea, why don't I ask ART ART for his opinion. Why don't you go back to posting on how Tommy Haas' racket is 30 points head-light?

david aames
11-03-2004, 07:05 AM
You probably meant doofus. It wouldn't hurt your wrist checking up big words in the dictionary from times to times or do you need to pay someone to do it and b*tch about that too?

For the record, I never said Haas' racquet was 30 pts head light but I certainly remember your brilliant take on ART ART undocumented comments -- saying that Haas using gut was 'very interesting, that gut was good and that it really worked with Haas great strokes'. Haha.

I write about a dufuss, another one shows up. Yeah, good idea, why don't I ask ART ART for his opinion. Why don't you go back to posting on how Tommy Haas' racket is 30 points head-light?

Rickson
11-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Just ditch him and you never have to hear about the wrist again.

PrestigeClassic
11-03-2004, 03:52 PM
I've ditched him. But he works the desk at the pro shop all evening.

Phil
11-03-2004, 08:02 PM
I've ditched him. But he works the desk at the pro shop all evening.

So what? You don't have to kiss him, do you? Ask him for some lead tape for your nikes. Then you can go out there with 30-points head light feet.