PDA

View Full Version : did you find the one true sport ur good at?

blitzmage_89
09-12-2007, 01:15 AM
for me not really.

I tried basketball and I sucked bigtime.

I tried badminton and I was average.

I tried Ping Pong and I sucked bigtime too.

I tried track and I was above average , but I didnt quite enjoyed it.

Right now I'm playing tennis and I'm just average.

The next sport I'm gonna try is Flag/ American Football.

Sadly I'm still looking for my one true love hahaha but tennis will do in the meantime :D

Zets147
09-12-2007, 01:38 AM
all things take time to master. "Suck it up" would usually apply here, but I'll let you decide.

dave333
09-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I tried soccer, but I sucked with tricks. Could only kick the ball really far, which worked up till last year :/

I tried basketball, but didn't have the skill for funky tricks either though I had decent shotmaking.

I tried football, couldn't throw it, but could catch and run. Wasn't too bad.

I doing Xcountry and seem to be getting better.

I tried tennis a while back, and that seemed to fit the bill.

I'm not too at putting in golf (I only played 2x in my life) and found it fun to play with friends.

Voltron
09-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Yep, skiing, problem is, I live in the *******.

simi
09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Now...I just KNOW that you guys are gonna laugh...

but, I went to Nationals, not once, but twice, for roller skating dance and figures. Finished fourth in dance the second year, didn't make the finals in figures either time.

drhopz
09-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Now...I just KNOW that you guys are gonna laugh...

but, I went to Nationals, not once, but twice, for roller skating dance and figures. Finished fourth in dance the second year, didn't make the finals in figures either time.

HAAAAAAAA! HAAAAAAAAA! jk.
Any skill is worthy of acknowledgment.
My first love was basketball. I was well above average. I made the team sophomore year, but studies, AP and the fact that i stopped growing influenced my decision to stop.

Currently i've been playing tennis for a year and half, and i liked the sport. I would consider myself a 2.5 or 3.0, but nothing worth bragging about.

TokyopunK
09-12-2007, 02:27 PM
for me i am good at every sport in the world

I tried basketball and dominated, probably could go to the NBA, but decided not to.

I tried badminton and rocked the house, but there was only girls badminton at my high school so forget that.

I tried Ping Pong and pwned everyone, they casted me for balls of fury but i turned down the offer.

I tried track and I was way above average. coach wanted me for every event. i just stuck to the 100m and the long jump.

Right now I'm playing tennis and I could probably be rated a 6.0, maybe go pro but not right now.

The next sport I'm gonna try is curling.

Freedom
09-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Tennis.

Ping pong and Ultimate Frisbee are up there too.

crazy8tiger
09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I think I was raised and born loving Basketball but that's because of the Lakers.
-Basketball: I love playing it, hope I can be the next Yi or Yao(because I'm asian) in the NBA; but I'm not consistent so I get frustrated on bad days.
-Football: Can't throw for crap because I'm weak, but I try to use height to catch and agility to run.
-Baseball: I suck at hitting, fielding is ok
-Tennis: Became my second favorite sport in months, always try to improve my game anyway I can
-Soccer: I don't have a lot of speed and skill to dribble the ball well, and I'm bad at anticipating to be goalie.

samster
09-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Practice makes perfect...keep working on your game.

power_play21
09-12-2007, 06:42 PM
being from brazil i kind of just play soccer well, played for high school, and club at college, spearfishing (harder than it looks) my grandpa is the national champ. in brasil actually lol. id im a '6.0' in spearfishing '5.0' in soccer and i dont know in tennis actually lol.

yourmom08
09-12-2007, 07:37 PM
played paintball competetively for a couple years, but this year put down the gun to pick up the racquet for spring tennis season and never picked up the gun again, but havent put down the racquet. Much more enjoyable than paintball in my opinion, plus i wasn't aggressive enough to be good at paintball

Noveson
09-12-2007, 08:16 PM
I think basketball is my thing, but my tennis is fast catching up. Too bad I started so late.
-Basketball: Pretty decent at basketball, got most outstanding player at a Pacer's Camp, can throw down at 6'0" tall. My crossover is what gets me places though.
-Football: Way too skinny to play football.
-Baseball: Decent at throwing, okay hitter, too slow for me.
-Tennis: Guess I'm decent.
-Soccer: My old school didn't have soccer, so that's a no for me.
-Ping Pong: Pretty much kick *** at ping pong:)

Ultimate Frisbee is also a great game, I love running down the deep ones.

FarFed
09-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Table tennis, because I played it a lot in my earlier days so the technique etc. has stayed.

SoBad
09-12-2007, 11:30 PM
I haven't found a sport that I am really good at yet, but I am not discouraged, because there are many sports I have not tried yet, like fishing for example.

lethalfang
09-13-2007, 02:01 AM
If there were a sport I'm truly good at, you think I'd be wasting my time here? ;-)

Deuce
09-13-2007, 02:21 AM
I played baseball and hockey at a young age, and was above average in each. I quit both by the time I was 14.
I returned to basebal twice - once when I was 21 - played for 5 years, didn't play for 12 years, and returned again at age 39. Somehow, I wasn't quite as fast as I remembered being...

I was severely humbled in badminton once by a guy who knew the strategy of the game (while I was just playing on reflexes - big mistake).
I'm above average in Ping Pong.

I never played organized football - but when I played with friends, I was decent enough at it. But I didn't particularly like it.

Soccer and basketball were both things that never really appealed to me - perhaps because I was average at best in both.

I've played golf 5 times - all in one summer, about 6 years ago. My score declined with each succesive round. I think my best was 110 (for 18 holes). But I hit some really nice shots - even hit the damn pin off the tee on a par 3 - damn ball would have gone in the hole had it not hit the pin on a couple of bounces. That was a 7 wood off the tee.
Golf is fun - but infinitely frustrating. In tennis, I get to 'try again' right away after a bad shot. In golf, I have to walk for 5 minutes to my ball (if I can find it) before I get to try again. In that 5 minutes, the frustration and anger builds. So I decided that I'll only return to golf once I can't run after a tennis ball anymore.

With tennis, it just came naturally right away. I actually quit hockey in favour of tennis when I was 14. My first time playing tennis, I played doubles with a group of players who had been playing for several years - and I fit right in with them.

dave333
09-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Man, I totally forgot ping pong. I won the school ping pong tournament with my unique style (I hold it with my thumb on the back of the padde, hit it like in tennis). Its all about hitting loads of topspin to set up a smash.

Doesn't work on those smaller tables though.