PDA

View Full Version : The Zeppelin flies again!!!!!!!!

Arafel
09-12-2007, 12:25 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20739983/

Too bad it's just for one show. I'd follow them around if they ever toured. I wonder how much tickets are to London? :)

Verilious
09-12-2007, 12:35 PM
YES!!!!! Hope someone can get a good vid on it.

ilovecarlos
09-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Drooling at the mere thought of this.......:D

alwaysatnet
09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Absolutely awesome!(hopefully)

Cruzer
09-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I would love to see them play "How Many More Times" one more time. Led Zepp I; still one of the greatest rock albums of all time.

Dedans Penthouse
09-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Robert Plant
Robert Plant who?
Robert Plants from Farmer Miller and you're likely to catch buck-shot in the rump.

In honor of the late 'Bonzo':

What did the coaster say to the table?
Drinks are on me

PimpMyGame
09-13-2007, 07:54 AM
The gig would be great, I can't imagine what the tickets will change hands for...

Let's hope they do some more gigs, I have all of their material (although I don't listen to it often) and would love to see them live.

ktownva
09-13-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm a huge fan, but to me Led Zeppelin ended when John Bonham died. Why not reunite the Beatles using their kids as substitutes if it's that easy to replace a member?

ilovecarlos
09-13-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm a huge fan, but to me Led Zeppelin ended when John Bonham died. Why not reunite the Beatles using their kids as substitutes if it's that easy to replace a member?

No one EVER said it was EASY to replace any member...but FYI, Jason Bonham is a kick *** drummer

Tchocky
09-13-2007, 09:55 AM
I'd like to go. I'm a huge Zeppelin fan. I have most of their records. I was too young to see them when they were touring.

ktownva
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
No one EVER said it was EASY to replace any member...but FYI, Jason Bonham is a kick *** drummer

The surviving members of Zep implied that the band was finished out of respect for Bonham. They could have found a "kick ***" drummer in a heartbeat in 1980, but that wasn't what it was about. What's wrong with performing as Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham? Just seems like Zeploitation to me.

Supernatural_Serve
09-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Just seems like Zeploitation to me.Not to Zep fans.

ktownva
09-13-2007, 10:42 AM
So why didn't they reunite at Live Earth to benefit the planet? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dedans Penthouse
09-13-2007, 10:52 AM
So why didn't they reunite at Live Earth to benefit the planet? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Reason #1: Al Gore
Reason #2: Madonna
Reason #3: Jon Bon Guido
Reason #4: Lenny Kravitz

I could go on and on, but if I were Page/Plant, I wouldn't want the name Led Zeppelin sullied via association with these calculating, lightweight poseurs.

I mean, go play the first 8 bars of Bon Guido's "Shot Through the Heart" ... then play the first 8 bars of "Misty Mountain Hop" ...... and then I think you'll know what I mean. ;-)

"Schlock through the heart and they're to blame, they give rock a bad name."

BreakPoint
09-13-2007, 11:02 AM
The surviving members of Zep implied that the band was finished out of respect for Bonham. They could have found a "kick ***" drummer in a heartbeat in 1980, but that wasn't what it was about. What's wrong with performing as Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham? Just seems like Zeploitation to me.
Hey, "The Song Remains the Same". ;)

ktownva
09-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, good luck to them if they decide to tour under the name Led Zeppelin. No doubt they will sell out more football stadiums that way.

Sean Dugan
09-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Led Zep peaked about 35 years ago. The song may have remained the same but the band sure hasn't. They're 60+ now. Jimmy Page is about 63 (and an old 63 at that given all the drug use.) He was in the Yardbirds for gosh sakes! I guess they'll just wheel him in, give him some coke and hand him a Les Paul. ;o)

If they were playing in a really small venue it might be worthwhile to go see them but I can't imagine shelling out $50+ to see ancient fleas with guitars in a stadium. The concert ticket comes with a guaranteed no extra charge contact buzz though. ;o)

Sort of like watching Joe Namath play football, Steve Carlton pitch a baseball or John Newcombe play singles. It would be sad to see them in concert now compared to what they used to be in their prime. Time has not been kind to Page and Plant.

Zep was always better in the studio than they were live anyway.

Will the "Reunion" be on HBO or something pay per view-ish? Seems like just another baby boomer money grab to me.

How much are they planning to charge for a ride on the Hindenburg?

ktownva
09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Sort of like watching Joe Namath play football, Steve Carlton pitch a baseball or John Newcombe play singles. It would be sad to see them in concert now compared to what they used to be in their prime. Time has not been kind to Page and Plant.

I agree with this, but as a footnote the Rolling Stones are practically mummies but they are better live now than they ever were. So it is possible for geezers to rock, but true, Zep was sometimes sloppy live, even back in the day.

Sean Dugan
09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
I think the Stones were best around 1970-1971 when Mick Taylor was the lead guitarist. I can't agree they are better live now but that is a very subjective judgement.

Is Keith Richard still live? ;o)

ktownva
09-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Is Keith Richard still live? ;o)

Do you mean is Keith's guitar track pre-recorded? I don't think so. I've got a couple of their recent concert dvd's and it looks/sounds very much like he is playing live. He may never be as apt a guitarist as Mick Taylor, but he has great style, sloppy but tight if that makes sense. And the Stones as a whole are almost too polished these days.

If you mean is Keith still alive, I believe so. He was falling out of coconut trees and guest appearing in pirate movies recently :grin:

Dedans Penthouse
09-14-2007, 05:54 AM
I think the Stones were best around 1970-1971 when Mick Taylor was the lead guitarist. I can't agree they are better live now but that is a very subjective judgement.

Is Keith Richard still live? ;o)Spot-on. Mick Taylor gave them a true "soloist," Keith's Chuck Berry-esque licks notwithstanding. The album "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out!" should be "required reading" for any Stones fan; 'Midnight Rambler' in particular.

"Well..you heard about the Boston......." whomp!~

"God dammnn...."

Gugafan_Redux
09-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Zep was always better in the studio than they were live anyway.

:shock:

OMG, never watched "Song Remains the Same" I guess.

ktownva
09-14-2007, 08:29 AM
:shock:

OMG, never watched "Song Remains the Same" I guess.

Actually, those performances at Madison Square Garden were among the worst of that tour. They were filmed at the end of the tour schedule, so Page and Plant were especially exhausted. Compare to the BBC Sessions and you will notice they were a lot cleaner when rested.