PDA

View Full Version : How many people really know the history of the town the live in?

Kobble
09-13-2007, 09:27 PM
I meet too many people who act like the land was born when their sacred feet fertilized it. It gets annoying, to be honest. For the most part, I was aware of some key milestones that date back to the late 1800's, but was very surprised to find out how close the area I live in was to WWII, Civil, and native American wars. I was surprised to find out that an area I personally thought of as a dump(and it was), was in fact a sought after paradise with a glorious reputation, once. It is nice to learn these things; helps put things into perspective. It also proves the need to conserve what we cherish, and not throw it away, or sell it down the river. Otherwise everyone's paradise will be ****ed on sooner or later. Nobody is exempt.

ShiroRm
09-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Where do you live?

It can be a difficult task, when your city is, approximately, 2760 y.o. However, I'm interested in the history of my city and try to know it more and more

forzainter
09-14-2007, 03:35 AM
i know quite a bit of history of my town

Kobble
09-14-2007, 09:28 AM
I guess this answers the question. By the way I live in south Florida.

malakas
09-14-2007, 10:09 AM
I know a lot of my island's history but that's only because I love history I guess.

Feņa14
09-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I live in a small English town and we were taught alot about it as young children, especially in school and stories from grandparents. Alot of people have lived here all their lives which helps.

I guess it's harder if you live in a larger area.

Dedans Penthouse
09-14-2007, 11:47 AM
I'd like to know the history of the town of French Lick, Indiana